Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So here's a 3rd party comment on the M4-2000 can on a test they did with it:
    They said that once the rifle is zeroed with the can on, it would keep zero relatively well when the can is removed and placed back on multiple times. But when firing with the can off, the zero is totally different than when suppressed.

Well I don't know if that's true, but it sounds plausible.. Since I'm still waiting for my tax stamp, I can't test it yet. probably won't be able to test it for a while even if I had it since i have to travel to OR to test it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be consistent with suppressor use in general, which is why so much effort has gone into developing systems like the M.I.T.E.R., which are designed to allow the supressor to be mounted in such a way as to maintain the unsuppressed zero; otherwise, there will likely be two different zeroes for suppressed and unsuppressed operation.

Whether that difference is enough to result in a hit or a miss for your applications is dependent upon any number of variables (type of suppressor, ammunition, range/distance, target dimensions, etc.), but since these zeroes are largely repeatable, I suspect that most competent M4-2000 owners come to know what adjustments are necessary when transitioning from one mode to the next.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anybody have an idea on the relationship between bullet mass and the repeatability of zero with suppressors?
    I'd like to assume that heavier rounds would be more consistent, but would their accompanying lower muzzle velocity also play a role in the POI shift? - I'll read up on this, but I'm very curious about what variable are involved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This might be an off subject question (and since I'm new here it's my first), but how often if at all do the M4-2000 amd M4/SPR suppressors need to be cleaned. I guess what I'm wondering is can you leave it on the weapon for extended periods of time or does it need to be removed to maintain it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    5.56 caliber cans don't need to be cleaned like their pistol caliber brethren. The .22 cans are the absolute worst.

The AAC cans are all full welded and sealed, which is a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh No...I have an SWR Warlock on the way. It doesn't disassemble, so what exactly am I looking at maintenance wise? I've never owned a 22 suppressor or any other one for that matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on responses from other forums, people have noted that the M4-2K Mod 08 results in less than 1 MOA shift on most barrel.

This weekend I went down to Oregon for the Tri-County Gun Club practical rifle match, and the match director and a RO let me try out my suppressor on one of the stages.

The stage involved shooting a swinging steel target until it did a fully rotation. This required of course, timing, speed, and precision. If you failed to rotate the MGM steel target, then there were some standard steel tombstones to shoot at 100 yards. Hit both twice, you're done.

I decided THIS was the stage to put my suppressor on. I had not checked for zero whatsoever, so I was pretty much just winging it.

As predicted, the Mod 08 had minimal POI shift. I had no idea where the shift was, but had no problem making hits on 8" at 100 yards with my Aimpoint T-1.

The Match director had noted that some other suppressors had resulted in wild POI shifts before, so I'm pleased with my AAC can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ran this baby on the 3rd day of a Magpul Carbine 1 class.

Didn't bother zeroing it again, i just used the same zero.

Still combat effective at 1-100 yards as predicted. Also increased my effective ROF as well, the weight on the muzzle and hydraulic effect of gas on baffles definitely reduced muzzle jump

Last edited by Fontaine; 3 August 2009 at 22:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you look on the AAC SPR/M4 can, its numbered. I should have mentioned that earlier. Much easier to dial it in that way.

A witness mark would be another easy way, just make sure it can take the heat.

I'm getting ready to pick up the AAC M4-2000 Mod 08. After sighting it in, what can I use to mark the location of the can without it rubbing off?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shotdown View Post
    I'm getting ready to pick up the AAC M4-2000 Mod 08. After sighting it in, what can I use to mark the location of the can without it rubbing off?
    The M4-2000 doesn't have the MITER mounting system, you don't have witness marks to worry about. Just crank it on and go.

Glad to report the zero shift is minimal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    The M4-2000 doesn't have the MITER mounting system, you don't have witness marks to worry about. Just crank it on and go.

Glad to report the zero shift is minimal
    Awesome. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you look on the AAC SPR/M4 can, its numbered. I should have mentioned that earlier. Much easier to dial it in that way.

A witness mark would be another easy way, just make sure it can take the heat.

That system is my next investment. MY CLEO is a great guy when it comes to these matters.