Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM does 300BLK

Downloads
    Uploads

BCM does 300BLK

The uppers themselves are pretty cool, but what's really peaking my interest are their new line of barrels.

What's yall thoughts on these? I had planned to use a Noveske 8.5" stainless for my new Fathom SBR/Suppressor host but I'm starting to reconsider for the BCM 9" version.

Downloads
    Uploads

BCM does 300BLK

Love me some BCM. I like them. I'm thinking of using one of these uppers for my future 300 build. Really want one of their 11.5" uppers in 5.56 too
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Love me some BCM. I like them. I'm thinking of using one of these uppers for my future 300 build. Really want one of their 11.5" uppers in 5.56 too
    Bought a BCM 11.5 Upper back when they were offering free CH's and BCG's. I wish I would have bought 2. The 11.5 is smooth as butter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Bought a BCM 11.5 Upper back when they were offering free CH's and BCG's. I wish I would have bought 2. The 11.5 is smooth as butter.
    I wish I was able to hop on that deal at the time. I was thinking of what body part to sell to be able to take advantage of it at the time.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads

Speaking of the 11.5 BCM... Been meaning to throw this little beauty together for awhile but it's gotten thrown on the back burner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to check these out, but I don't have a good use for another 300 BLK right now. I am interested to see what folks think of their barrels.

I also regret not getting in on their upper sale last year on the 11.5" 5.56. It just wasn't in the cards at the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really love my BCM stuff. I was planning on building another 300BLK upper in the near future, so I'm really tempted by the 9" barreled upper with the 8" KMR. And $70 for a BCM Gunfighter CH and BCG is still a screaming deal in my book, even if it isn't free.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I really love my BCM stuff. I was planning on building another 300BLK upper in the near future, so I'm really tempted by the 9" barreled upper with the 8" KMR. And $70 for a BCM Gunfighter CH and BCG is still a screaming deal in my book, even if it isn't free.
    Yea I was thinking about the exact same thing today. 9" w/ KMR8 full combo meal :)

But I need to start using some of these stripped lowers and uppers I got piling up instead of buying a premade.. So for the time I think it'll just be the barrel... First world problems I know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Yea I was thinking about the exact same thing today. 9" w/ KMR8 full combo meal :)

But I need to start using some of these stripped lowers and uppers I got piling up instead of buying a premade.. So for the time I think it'll just be the barrel... First world problems I know
    LOL! I'm jealous of the 8.2" Noveske you've got. Those are difficult to find. I really wanted the Noveske 10.2" for my build. But since they no longer make 'em in 10.2" i settled for the 10.5". That .3" less barrel would've closed the gap between my can and the rail. Again, first world problems. But damnit, the heart wants what the heart wants lol.

At any rate, as much as i want that BCM i'll probably take a pass for now. I've got a handful of stripped uppers, and a Ballistic Advantage 300BLK barrel can be had for $210, and that's with a pinned lo-pro gas block. But then again, add in the cost of a BCG, CH, hand guard, and muzzle device and the complete BCM upper isn't too far off in price. Decisions, decisions...

ETA: Oops... I mis-read your first post, and you were talking about an 8.5" Noveske. My bad!
    Last edited by Deadwing; 20 November 2015 at 03:18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    LOL! I'm jealous of the 8.2" Noveske you've got. Those are difficult to find. I really wanted the Noveske 10.2" for my build. But since they no longer make 'em in 10.2" i settled for the 10.5". That .3" less barrel would've closed the gap between my can and the rail. Again, first world problems. But damnit, the heart wants what the heart wants lol.

At any rate, as much as i want that BCM i'll probably take a pass for now. I've got a handful of stripped uppers, and a Ballistic Advantage 300BLK barrel can be had for $210, and that's with a pinned lo-pro gas block. But then again, add in the cost of a BCG, CH, hand guard, and muzzle device and the complete BCM upper isn't too far off in price. Decisions, decisions...

ETA: Oops... I mis-read your first post, and you were talking about an 8.5" Noveske. My bad!
    I haven't bought any 300BLK stuff yet. Just spitballing plans. I got the Fathom set coming in this afternoon, and an Silencerco Omega in the works so it's about time I jumped on the 300 train, hell I've never even fired one at this point as 556 is the dominant caliber in my area.

Thinking either a 8.5 noveske or 9" bcm barrel. 9" mega wedge. The san tan upper and fathom enhanced bcg obviously and topped with a Rainer Avalanche CH and Silencerco ASR compensator break/mount.

Im planning for this 300build and can combo to take over home defense duties from my colt 6920 because with subsonic it'll be a huge difference in sound if needed to shoot indoors. Short barrel should make it handy as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will the Omega tuck inside the Wedge rail? With a 9" rail, the barrel threads will be inside the rail with either of your barrel choices.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

BCM does 300BLK

I'm can illiterate, I wasn't even thinking about it not tucking like a regular muzzle device...

Might have to go with my backup choice a SLR ion lite 8" mlok
    Last edited by DutyUse; 20 November 2015 at 03:48.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want short barreled BO upper..

Me likey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'm can illiterate, I wasn't even thinking about it not tucking like a regular muzzle device...

Might have to go with my backup choice a SLR ion lite 8" mlok
    BCM needs to get on board with M-Lok (not real probable) and do up a KMR with it. That'd be the cat's meow.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully this will primer the market for cheap ammo.

I am reconsidering a 300 build, dedicated suppressed.