Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM does 300BLK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Hopefully this will primer the market for cheap ammo.

I am reconsidering a 300 build, dedicated suppressed.
    Sort of want...

Am I the only one that's kind of like ho hum about this announcement? Several years late?

Don't get me wrong, I love my BCM gear and I have quite a few of their items, but not exactly innovative stuff getting this late in the 300 game. Like voodoo said, hopefully this helps get 300 ammo into the more mainstream market for Joe Dirt Shooter to get ammo down even more on 300.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    BCM needs to get on board with M-Lok (not real probable) and do up a KMR with it. That'd be the cat's meow.
    They can barely keep up with KMR demand as it is. No reason for them to support m-lok. Not to mention the designer of keymod is head of r&d for BCM, too. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Sort of want...

Am I the only one that's kind of like ho hum about this announcement? Several years late?

Don't get me wrong, I love my BCM gear and I have quite a few of their items, but not exactly innovative stuff getting this late in the 300 game. Like voodoo said, hopefully this helps get 300 ammo into the more mainstream market for Joe Dirt Shooter to get ammo down even more on 300.
    Of course its too late, i dont know who is makin the decisions at bcm but they are starting to get behind the curve and that's just bad.

I will keep an eye out for the 300blk setups and if the market doesnt materialize i think itll be an issue for them down the road.

However, seeing as how many MIL sof units are considering going to 300blk i believe that when they choose a setup, that will then be the mk18 variant of want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Behind the bleeding cutting edge? Maybe.

Raking in hand over fist money? Most certainly.

Their protecting their brand by coming out with gear they know will sell well. I mean their watch was a little hokey but everything else I've seen coming from BCM I knew would be successful. I kind of feel they are where Noveske was a few years back, anything they produce will sell like gold. However as trends change another company will become the darling of the AR world and that's when they will need new development. Just my 2cents

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Behind the bleeding cutting edge? Maybe.

Raking in hand over fist money? Most certainly.

Their protecting their brand by coming out with gear they know will sell well. I mean their watch was a little hokey but everything else I've seen coming from BCM I knew would be successful. I kind of feel they are where Noveske was a few years back, anything they produce will sell like gold. However as trends change another company will become the darling of the AR world and that's when they will need new development. Just my 2cents
    Obviously thats what they are doing, and of course itll work. Id buy and recommendation a bcm uppered barrel and or rail to anyone as a cheap entry into the world that will perform.

They need to stick that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure makes me want to shoot the hell out of this barrel so I can swap it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Hopefully this will primer the market for cheap ammo.
    That would be awesome. It would be nice to have some options for affordable, quality factory loaded ammo. Granted, i haven't purchased that many different loads, but the only factory subs i've been satisfied with so far are the Sliencerco Harvester 220gr SMKs, which cost me a buck a round, on sale. Hardly cheap.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd consider one if they ever offer a non fluted version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    They can barely keep up with KMR demand as it is. No reason for them to support m-lok. Not to mention the designer of keymod is head of r&d for BCM, too. :)
    That's why i included the "not real probable" part.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    300BLK has really peaked my interest and I'm trying to figure out which parts I'll need.

Will the new KMR8 alpha be short enough (8.39" actual length including flair) to fit a 8.5" Noveske barrel and still allow me to run an Omega on a qd mount? I know it'll be tight, but I don't want to have to scrap a rail because of tolerances. Thanks guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    300BLK has really peaked my interest and I'm trying to figure out which parts I'll need.

Will the new KMR8 alpha be short enough (8.39" actual length including flair) to fit a 8.5" Noveske barrel and still allow me to run an Omega on a qd mount? I know it'll be tight, but I don't want to have to scrap a rail because of tolerances. Thanks guys
    Probably not long enough. I mocked up a Ballistic Adantage 8.3" Hanson barrel with an 8" URX rail and a Specwar (same mounting system as Omega) would not quite fit. A 7" Geissele rail had no fitment issues with the Hanson barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 of the 9" complete uppers iN 300 BLK. Shoot very, very accurate with my 125 smk's 1 hole at 100yds. They also really like the 110 black tips and 110 TNT's. Really light. Glad I got them

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been sitting on my 9" barrel/8" KMR BCM upper for a few weeks. I replaced the BCM comp with a Trifecta FH and added some MBUS Pro BUIS. I'm still waiting on a mount for the Aimpoint H1 that i'll be using on this upper. Without having fired it, i already like this upper. Ridiculously light, and is typical BCM high quality as far as i can tell.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! I'll be eager to hear how she shoots, I'm already planning a second 300 build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! I'll be eager to hear how she shoots, I'm already planning a second 300 build
    The first time i shot my first 300 BLK gun suppressed with subs, i was hooked on that cartridge lol. I really hope the 300 BLK takes off in popularity and in turn hopefully see ammo become more readily available and less expensive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ