Thread: 10/22 Optics

Downloads
    Uploads

10/22 Optics

I'm finally giving a little love to my 25 year old Ruger 10/22. I don't intend to build a 10/22 that has no Ruger parts left in it and don't want a $1,000 10/22, but I do want a good platform for the wife and kids to learn/practice marksmanship skills on and one that I can also enjoy while saving some $ on ammo.

So, I did get a good deal on the BRX trigger pack and that is in. Next up is optics. I got a great deal on the Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 a few months ago. I then decided to give the Warne QD rings a try. They seem to have a good reputation. I ordered the "low" rings but they were too low so had to swap them for the mediums. Those provided the required clearance. My old school weaver mount, however, wouldn't let me mount the scope far enough forward to get proper eye relief. So, today my LaRue 10/22 picatinny rail showed up, allowing me to finally get a good mount as it cantilevers forward of the reciever. I'm liking the results so far:

I should make it out to the range in a week or two and can report back on what I think of the scope and rings. My only initial issue with the Warne rings is that they are a pain to get mounted/set-up. Hopefully they'll provide a good mount and RTZ if I remove the scope.

The next upgrade will come next year (early, I hope) after Victor company releases the Titan stock in OD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Diamondback 1.75-5 and a Crossfire 2-7 on my 10/22's great budget optics for the money!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got a Diamondback 1.75-5 and a Crossfire 2-7 on my 10/22's great budget optics for the money!
    I was attracted by the side parallax adjustment feature, which I thought would be needed for the short ranges at which I'll be shooting rimfire. I was prepared to pay the MAP but got it for $80 under. The glass is far short of a Viper but still a serious improvement over the $60 Tru-Glo that was on my 10/22. I don't generally get excited about shooting rimfire but I'm quite eager to get out and shoot this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Bushnell Banner $79 on my 10/22. I also put a Volquartsen Target Hammer in it. Love this little rifle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan