Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    looking at more pictures even the weight relief holes on the sides under the top picatinny is different between the pictures. some are in groups of two, some are evenly spaced, and some are only in the middle of the rail

Downloads
    Uploads
    noveske said on their instagram that its a new gen 4 only rail so not yet available for sale. im guessing it's a total redesign as the infidel has a Pinned KX3 inside the rail so it probably is closer in size to their SD rail if I had to guess. I'm a little surprised they didn't go with a different barrel nut attachment method since that seems to be the biggest NSR complaint I see. I don't mind it personally, since it's not like I ever take a barrel nut off once it's on.
    https://noveske.com/collections/gen-4-13-7-rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t see much difference between the gen 3 and 4 but for Zev styling and semi-ambi controls. The price of the one you posted is stupid unjustifiable money for relatively old tech.

Yeah, timing a barrel nut sucks and is unnecessary with so many other attachment options. Appears much cheaper to produce too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I don’t see much difference between the gen 3 and 4 but for Zev styling and semi-ambi controls. The price of the one you posted is stupid unjustifiable money for relatively old tech.

Yeah, timing a barrel nut sucks and is unnecessary with so many other attachment options. Appears much cheaper to produce too.
    is there anything "new tech" about any AR-15 produced today?

the main difference I was talking about was with the rail. there seems to be a lot of differences between that and the current NSR

Downloads
    Uploads
    My point was “unjustifiable” money in relation to the tech (yes, tech has outpaced this rifle, see KAC, Radian, wedgelock attachment, etc, but you know that). Sadly, Noveske today is about “better rifles through marketing.”

The only real “upgrade” on the rail I see is the 7-sided mlok they should have done years ago. That said, if I didn’t have rails already on my Noveske/SMOS uppers, I’d consider one at a Black Friday discount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I often wonder what John Noveske would think about what's going on with Noveske's current offerings.

Gen2,3,4 all hard to spot the differences between the generations. 3 and 4 should still be Gen 2's. Gen 3 just an update, Gen 4, should be like Gen 2 ambi.

Timed barrel nuts are like so 10 years ago.

Should stick to what they're known for... barrels. I recall a few years back they had a batch of barrels that weren't concentric and it seems like they've fallen out of favor. Or maybe others caught up.

Used to be a big Noveske fan boy.... still own a dozen Noveske rifles, but haven't bought anything new since Sheri left.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I often wonder what John Noveske would think about what's going on with Noveske's current offerings.

Gen2,3,4 all hard to spot the differences between the generations. 3 and 4 should still be Gen 2's. Gen 3 just an update, Gen 4, should be like Gen 2 ambi.

Timed barrel nuts are like so 10 years ago.

Should stick to what they're known for... barrels. I recall a few years back they had a batch of barrels that weren't concentric and it seems like they've fallen out of favor. Or maybe others caught up.

Used to be a big Noveske fan boy.... still own a dozen Noveske rifles, but haven't bought anything new since Sheri left.
    i think they've only fallen out of favor on the forums. I found it interesting that when the gen 2 ended and gen 3 began (which i assume is when the forging molds were just about due for a refresh), is when everyone started giving noveske a hard time online. then when SMOS came out with the GFY receivers the noveske bashing and era3/smos love started. I always found that interesting because the late gen 2 and early gen 3 receivers everyone "hated" and didn't fit with tight tolerances were pretty much SMOS manufactured from what I could tell. I never really heard any major issues on the barrels except from people saying "they aren't what they used to be" or "john would have never done that" but really, i can't tell a difference. At least the complaints of the barrels being "overgassed" are measurable qualities that people can complain about. Why was SMOS the new "thing to have" at that time, when the same lower with a noveske roll mark was still "not the same noveske"? I haven't heard anything about the bore not being concentric. That would be inexcusable for what i always thought of a company was essentially a barrel maker with rebranded AR parts behind it.

And let's be honest, the space invader and ghetto blaster are pretty cool and we all want one or two of each. (even if one is a honey badger rebranded for the most part). I think i'd order a space invader and surefire ryder 9 mp5 tomorrow if i was allowed to own one.

The price is the only thing that i can see people complain about, but when you can't keep items in stock, nobody in their right mind is going to lower prices.

I almost have to believe it is more of personal issues with how the company has been run after more than the product. They seemed to go through a few people running the company in a few short years. Sheri stayed on for a bit. then left. SMOS was the manufacturer, then they weren't, then they came out with identical product and named it GFY. I feel like there is bad blood there that I'll never know about that people picked up on and it carrier over into what people picked up on in the market. Im still waiting for the band to get back together and merge the companies that split out of the original noveske. and hopefully they still make videos with hot chicks in bikinis shooting guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gen 4 - improved allot and extra flare... lol
    I just want another gen 2 lower to build something off of.. maybe even a gen 1

But ya I’d take a space invader.. but 3 g’s...

I’d say there was something good going on behind the scenes... lol

Smos bcg....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    SMOS designed and owned rights to the gen 3. Noveske broke with them (don’t know specifics) and SMOS created their GFY acronym as a joke on Noveske, producing the same thing at a much better price. The joke persisted, SMOS made far more than original intended (topped out at 10k sets, I’m told), because people understood Noveske’s marketing was built into their overpricing. Not to mention Noveske’s turnover and self-satisfaction reaching Q pitch. The Noveske PDWs with Q stocks are additional branding turnoff.

SMOS approached us on this forum about interest in their products and many here supported them as early adopters. They took care of us.

So yeah, if you could get a no-nonsense gen 3 for much less, why wouldn’t you? The barrels SMOS continues to turn are top tier. Whether the gen 3 was not as good as gen 2 (forged vs billet) was a moot point on that dispute. Even with SMOS now no longer making the Gen3 with their logo, you can get one in original form from Head Down Arms or from JFE with lightning cuts. That’s why Noveske had to change their cosmetics because their branding of the gen3 was diluted. The changes appear mostly cosmetic with a Mega/Zev touch.

I personally have more trust in the zero-marketing budget manufacturer like SMOS than what has mostly become a re-seller with Noveske. I want Noveske to succeed but, beyond “street cred” and a logo, it’s more juice than squeeze these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    SMOS designed and owned rights to the gen 3. Noveske broke with them (don’t know specifics) and SMOS created their GFY acronym as a joke on Noveske, producing the same thing at a much better price. The joke persisted, SMOS made far more than original intended (topped out at 10k sets, I’m told), because people understood Noveske’s marketing was built into their overpricing. Not to mention Noveske’s turnover and self-satisfaction reaching Q pitch. The Noveske PDWs with Q stocks are additional branding turnoff.

SMOS approached us on this forum about interest in their products and many here supported them as early adopters. They took care of us.

So yeah, if you could get a no-nonsense gen 3 for much less, why wouldn’t you? The barrels SMOS continues to turn are top tier. Whether the gen 3 was not as good as gen 2 (forged vs billet) was a moot point on that dispute. Even with SMOS now no longer making the Gen3 with their logo, you can get one in original form from Head Down Arms or from JFE with lightning cuts. That’s why Noveske had to change their cosmetics because their branding of the gen3 was diluted. The changes appear mostly cosmetic with a Mega/Zev touch.

I personally have more trust in the zero-marketing budget manufacturer like SMOS than what has mostly become a re-seller with Noveske. I want Noveske to succeed but, beyond “street cred” and a logo, it’s more juice than squeeze these days.

I can agree with all of that, I was just commenting on the fact that there were people pushing SMOS as a higher quality than the noveske stuff when as best I could tell, it was the same exact stuff. better price point though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    I can agree with all of that, I was just commenting on the fact that there were people pushing SMOS as a higher quality than the noveske stuff when as best I could tell, it was the same exact stuff. better price point though.
    I never got that impression. I liked SMOS better when Chris was there helping run the show. They've gone away from consumer sales, so they're not as fun now. I thought SMOS got too caught up in the GFY meaning. I personally never thought the GFY's were any better than the Noveske sets they sold them. However, most of my GFY sets are tight as fuck, and would say border line out of spec on some. I recall Sheri rejected a ton of them back in 2014 when I was there several times.

Which goes back to my original point. They should have stuck to barrels. I don't know too many people who were buying Noveske lowers because they were Noveske. They were buying the legendary barrels. However, since Pac Nor has burned to the ground, I'm wondering how that relationship is going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I only wish Noveske the best. I'm just wondering who is left there doing the innovating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never got that impression. I liked SMOS better when Chris was there helping run the show. They've gone away from consumer sales, so they're not as fun now. I thought SMOS got too caught up in the GFY meaning. I personally never thought the GFY's were any better than the Noveske sets they sold them. However, most of my GFY sets are tight as fuck, and would say border line out of spec on some. I recall Sheri rejected a ton of them back in 2014 when I was there several times.

Which goes back to my original point. They should have stuck to barrels. I don't know too many people who were buying Noveske lowers because they were Noveske. They were buying the legendary barrels. However, since Pac Nor has burned to the ground, I'm wondering how that relationship is going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I only wish Noveske the best. I'm just wondering who is left there doing the innovating.
    The reason I browse this forum more than most forums is because the brand bashing is really not around here. But other forums and even my Instagram feed was full of people that would crap on the noveske name for the lowers being too tight like you said and praising SMOS.

The pac nor thing is interesting. Although whenever change is forced, it opens up another opportunity to improve.

I have 3 noveske currently. All built by myself with almost all noveske and colt parts. 1 each of gen 1,2 and 3. I think at this point I want to find a company that makes milspec lowers with a roll mark I don’t hate and a build up from there. If I ever get another noveske it’ll be a factory SBR but first I need a place out of state to pull that off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want live a happy life, definitely stay off of Instagram and Facebook. Too many gun experts on there, telling you what's wrong with every brand. LOL

Going back to Noveske.... I've got a few classics I'll never let go of. Original Afghan and Recon along with an original 14.5 Carbine gas upper, all with the SWS Rail.

Also have a 12.5" Crusader upper on a VIS Poly upper John Noveske put together himself. Can we all just go back to 2008? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want live a happy life, definitely stay off of Instagram and Facebook. Too many gun experts on there, telling you what's wrong with every brand. LOL

Going back to Noveske.... I've got a few classics I'll never let go of. Original Afghan and Recon along with an original 14.5 Carbine gas upper, all with the SWS Rail.

Also have a 12.5" Crusader upper on a VIS Poly upper John Noveske put together himself. Can we all just go back to 2008? :)
    Can we go back to 2008 but keep the rebranded Q stuff? I really like those

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of Noveske.

Tons of NHR's, NSR's, and NQR's. No MLOK Stuff though. $89.99 to $99.99

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Nov...G-s/186279.htm

Picked up a couple of 7" NQR's