Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Other than the name what makes a Noveske lower any better than a Aero lower? Noveske uses forging from Cerro or Key or one of the other forgets like everyone else? I know milling is a big part of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    Other than the name what makes a Noveske lower any better than a Aero lower? Noveske uses forging from Cerro or Key or one of the other forgets like everyone else? I know milling is a big part of it.
    If you compare an Aero to a Noveske Gen 1 then youd be spot on for saying there is little to no difference. IMHO you'd be better saving your money and getting the much cheaper Aero (which are amazing in their own right)

It's not until you step up to the Gen 2 or 3 Noveske that you get any real benefits over a standard forging. But still for a 250$ premium I'd still say stick with the Aero.

When people say your paying for the brand name or rollmark, Noveske is the company they are usually talking about. They really need to reevaluate their pricing structures

Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely did not need this Noveske lower. It's "replacing" a JD Machine lower, and really the intent was to finally have a matching Noveske factory upper on a lower. Normally I wouldn't really care about that (except my Colts....which I can't really defend other than my OCDness). JD Machine is a large manufacturer and I'm pretty sure they did Spike's lowers for a while. I've been to their shop in San Diego and it was impressive, so it worked just fine and really didn't need to be replaced.

Since this the price was really good from Rainier, I grabbed this Noveske lower. Oh well. Maybe I should have just bought the Battle Kitty...or saved my money for ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I definitely did not need this Noveske lower. It's "replacing" a JD Machine lower, and really the intent was to finally have a matching Noveske factory upper on a lower. Normally I wouldn't really care about that (except my Colts....which I can't really defend other than my OCDness). JD Machine is a large manufacturer and I'm pretty sure they did Spike's lowers for a while. I've been to their shop in San Diego and it was impressive, so it worked just fine and really didn't need to be replaced.

Since this the price was really good from Rainier, I grabbed this Noveske lower. Oh well. Maybe I should have just bought the Battle Kitty...or saved my money for ammo.
    I'll bet you could sell that lower and make money. You could sell sand at the beach if it was marked Noveske.

Have you tried a different set of pins from a different LPK/manufacturer? I had an issue with a super tight fit with a billet lower that was partially cured with a different set of pins. Tolerance stacking could be an issue.

I'll be curious to see how Noveske handles this, should you decide to contact them. They do guarantee the parts to be 100% functional, so they ought to make it right for you.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If you compare an Aero to a Noveske Gen 1 then youd be spot on for saying there is little to no difference. IMHO you'd be better saving your money and getting the much cheaper Aero (which are amazing in their own right)

That color fill is NOT helping the case for Noveske in any way, shape, or form.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'll bet you could sell that lower and make money. You could sell sand at the beach if it was marked Noveske.

Have you tried a different set of pins from a different LPK/manufacturer? I had an issue with a super tight fit with a billet lower that was partially cured with a different set of pins. Tolerance stacking could be an issue.
    It's not really the pin that's the issue. The pin fits fine in the lower, and the upper fits fine on multiple other lowers. I think it's just slightly off from spec, but since aluminum is ductile, the pin can be driven in and, presumably, over time it will get easier. I suppose I could sell it with the LPK installed, but otherwise I'd have to take it all out again, which I'm not convinced is worth my time.

I'll be curious to see how Noveske handles this, should you decide to contact them. They do guarantee the parts to be 100% functional, so they ought to make it right for you.
    Meh. I'll probably just live with it. Again, even if they swap it out, I have to pull all the pins out. Not the end of the world for most of the LPK pieces, but still a pain. At least BAD gives me extra screws so I can re-locktite the levers...

If I get a chance at work this week, maybe I'll shoot them an email, but I fear this will take more time than it's worth. Now if the pin didn't go through at all...yeah, I'd totally be on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    threads like this seem to upset me. when i first got into scary black rifles, like most people, i knew nothing. i really wanted a wilson combat. to be honest, i couldnt tell you why. i guess like most first time buyers, it was based on look. then, before i even started forum surfing I started to see stickman's photos being shared all over. i knew then i needed a noveske. i saved until i found a gen 2 lower and built it up with what i thought was the best parts. then the NSR came out. i was hooked. Ive shot rifles with other rails but the NSR is the best for me. it just fits like a glove, looks great, and the keymod is perfect for what i use.

i now have 2 rifles using noveske sourced parts. im trying to understand why it seems they have the most trouble keeping up with demand and seem to have the tightest fit, to the point of sometime not working. the AR doesnt seem like a complicated design, and i really like the way the gen 3 upper and lower actually look like they were made to go together. hopefully they turn it around, but it seems like it's been at least 2 years with these problems. maybe it's an industry wide thing. i mean even larry vickers has hinted at not feeling the same way about DD as he did in the past, but they havent had any public outcry like noveske has.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm done with Noveske, even if it was actually possible to buy the things they advertise. My experience has been "ho-hum" at best (Gen 1). I bought a BAD lower when they first came out. THAT is a nice piece of work.

Last edited by Hmac; 8 January 2016 at 13:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    threads like this seem to upset me. when i first got into scary black rifles, like most people, i knew nothing. i really wanted a wilson combat. to be honest, i couldnt tell you why. i guess like most first time buyers, it was based on look. then, before i even started forum surfing I started to see stickman's photos being shared all over. i knew then i needed a noveske. i saved until i found a gen 2 lower and built it up with what i thought was the best parts. then the NSR came out. i was hooked. Ive shot rifles with other rails but the NSR is the best for me. it just fits like a glove, looks great, and the keymod is perfect for what i use.

i now have 2 rifles using noveske sourced parts. im trying to understand why it seems they have the most trouble keeping up with demand and seem to have the tightest fit, to the point of sometime not working. the AR doesnt seem like a complicated design, and i really like the way the gen 3 upper and lower actually look like they were made to go together. hopefully they turn it around, but it seems like it's been at least 2 years with these problems. maybe it's an industry wide thing. i mean even larry vickers has hinted at not feeling the same way about DD as he did in the past, but they havent had any public outcry like noveske has.
    It has a lot to do with their relationship with suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'm done with Noveske, even if it was actually possible to buy the things they advertise. My experience has been "ho-hum" at best (Gen 1). I bought a BAD lower when they first came out. THAT is a nice piece of work.

Just curious Hmac, what parts weren't you able to obtain? But you're right... that BAD Forged lower is a piece of work. They need a matching Forged upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It has a lot to do with their relationship with suppliers.
    id assume you and many others here would be more informed on this than I. It just confuses me. I don't claim to know who all of noveske's suppliers are but it seems pretty apparent that the Gen 3 stuff is SMOS, the gen 1 stuff i have no clue, the gen 2 uppers are vltor. even with these quality control issue threads nobody has ever questioned noveske's barrels from what i can tell. it seems erathr3 stuff is smos stuff as well. from what i can tell SMOS and Vltor arent new companies ironing out things, nor are they known for substandard parts. i used to put it off as people that wanted to see a "top tier company" fail but the more I see well respected names I start to question. Even some comments from people that I thought were involved with the company at a more involved level than a fanboy. at least it'll be a while before im in the market for another AR. maybe by then we will see "the old noveske is back" thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    id assume you and many others here would be more informed on this than I. It just confuses me. I don't claim to know who all of noveske's suppliers are but it seems pretty apparent that the Gen 3 stuff is SMOS, the gen 1 stuff i have no clue, the gen 2 uppers are vltor. even with these quality control issue threads nobody has ever questioned noveske's barrels from what i can tell. it seems erathr3 stuff is smos stuff as well. from what i can tell SMOS and Vltor arent new companies ironing out things, nor are they known for substandard parts. i used to put it off as people that wanted to see a "top tier company" fail but the more I see well respected names I start to question. Even some comments from people that I thought were involved with the company at a more involved level than a fanboy. at least it'll be a while before im in the market for another AR. maybe by then we will see "the old noveske is back" thread.
    I think UW was talking about downstream suppliers. Like the fact retailers will have orders on hold for months for certain Noveske stuff and instead of fulfilling their orders, Noveske has been known to go and sell that stuff on their own website and leave waiting retailers in the dark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh. that makes much more sense. I thought he was speaking of why they couldnt get product to suppliers and it made me confused. Although i did pick up a pair of 13.5" NSRs (one chainsaw from noveske and one nice one from midway) recently so what i really needed I was able to get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh. that makes much more sense. I thought he was speaking of why they couldnt get product to suppliers and it made me confused. Although i did pick up a pair of 13.5" NSRs (one chainsaw from noveske and one nice one from midway) recently so what i really needed I was able to get.
    Nice! Post photos when your done. I also love the NSR (keymod or mlok!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    ill post pictures but it will be kinda boring for most. its a 22lr upper im building. the second one i got because i was sick of waiting for stock so i wanted a spare, which will probably go on something like a colt oem-2 or something.

Downloads
    Uploads

For what it's worth, I haven't experienced any real quality issues with any of my Noveske products. The Gen 1 lower i SBR'd is a tight fit with some uppers, and the anodizing on every Gen 1 piece i own is inconsistent and unique in color, and are all different in color from the four NSR hand guards i own. Both of my factory built Gen2 guns (which both have Noveske marked VIS uppers) and my factory built Gen 3 gun (which has an SWS made rail) were flawless when i purchased them and are among the best shooting rifles i own. All the Noveske barrels i've purchased and guns i've cobbled together from Chainsaw receivers are accurate and preform perfectly. But, the same or better quality can be had by purchasing rifles and components from other companies for less money.

As for Daniel Defense, i've not encountered any issues with their rails but a complete custom upper i ordered from them came to me with a takedown pin hole so undersized that i literally had to drill it out with a 1/4" drill bit in order to get it to fit on any lower i owned. The muzzle device on that same upper was incorrectly timed and needed to be removed, have a new crush washer put on, and reinstalled. DD offered to make the repairs. Since they f@#*ed the assembly and machining the first time, i just took care of it myself. A complete DD rifle i purchased prior to that wasn't anything to write home about, but at least it worked, despite me having to re-time the muzzle device (they seem to have a problem with that).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ