Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'm done with Noveske, even if it was actually possible to buy the things they advertise. My experience has been "ho-hum" at best (Gen 1). I bought a BAD lower when they first came out. THAT is a nice piece of work.

That's a beautiful rifle. I love my bad lowers. i agree with UW: BAD needs a matching forged upper. I'm not crazy about their Gen 2 lowers, as the use a set screw type pin (which i'm not crazy about in general) to retain the bolt catch. I prefer a good old roll pin.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh the stories. I have more than my share of Noveske, most from the time John was with us. I have 2 Gen NON Chainsaws that are crap. Sent both back to Noveske for repair, and they didn't fix it. Said they were "in spec" but offered to send me "out of spec" parts to fit it. It was the last straw. Essentially the lowers had the buffer retention detent hole machined to small. I had V7 Detents I wanted to use, and they wouldn't even start in the hole! I was told by Chris (at Noveske) that the Cerakote build up and to lightly sand it. Tried it and no luck. Sent them in and the detents (.250") IIRC, and the holes were like .241..... they offered to sen me some undersized detents, but they wouldn't enlarge them for me. I even had to pay shipping to them. (not a huge deal) but thought they would help me out. I also had a CHF FN barrel from them that had a burr all the way around the barrel extention than I had to take town just to get in my upper......I know Sheri has always done whatever it takes to help me in the past.....this new company is not the same IMO. I don't want to bash them, but I thought Dillon was going to do great things with the company. It's been a year of basically hibernating for them. It's a shame, because that is a company that could really do great things. I still hope they do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It has a lot to do with their relationship with suppliers.

Just curious Hmac, what parts weren't you able to obtain? But you're right... that BAD Forged lower is a piece of work. They need a matching Forged upper.
    Once I was able to finally get the actual matched upper/lower (several weeks for all three of the ones that I own), I was unable to get the QD endplate, a barrel, BCH, charging handle, Troy sights. NSR rail...that took months, and I never WAS able to get a crow's foot wrench.

The first non-issue, non-Colt rifle I ever had was a Noveske Light Recce w/VIS. Great rifle. Very reliable and well-made (although beastly heavy). I've tried hard to be a diligent Noveske fan-boy over the years, but they just keep thwarting me.

Last edited by Hmac; 9 January 2016 at 09:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was shooting my N4 today with my MK6. I was checking to see how much POI changed with Wolf Gold (I had a bad experience with it last week on another gun). That N4 upper (c. 2010) is just one amazing piece of hardware. While it didn't shoot less than MOA, it did stack shots on top of one another a good deal of the time. The lack of sub-MOA performance was quite clearly not the fault of the upper/barrel and more the shooter (and initially, a cold bore).

Meanwhile, the N4 lower that I bought a few months ago continues to be very stubborn when needing to actuate the rear take down pin and just kind of sours me on what was. Assuming no bad financial issues cause me to do so, I don't ever plan to sell that N4 upper. The lower? Meh. It works, but I just don't see the need to buy another Noveske product when there's so many other great and accurate options out there nowadays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Once I was able to finally get the actual matched upper/lower (several weeks for all three of the ones that I own), I was unable to get the QD endplate, a barrel, BCH, charging handle, Troy sights. NSR rail...that took months, and I never WAS able to get a crow's foot wrench.

The first non-issue, non-Colt rifle I ever had was a Noveske Light Recce w/VIS. Great rifle. Very reliable and well-made (although beastly heavy). I've tried hard to be a diligent Noveske fan-boy over the years, but they just keep thwarting me.

I've had similar experiences with trying to gather all the parts i need for a Noveske build. Not once have i been able to order everything in one shot. It's usually months before i have all the Noveske parts collected for a build. I gave up on getting a barrel nut wrench from Noveske and wound up ordering a 1 1/16" crowfoot wrench from Snap-On.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I've had similar experiences with trying to gather all the parts i need for a Noveske build. Not once have i been able to order everything in one shot. It's usually months before i have all the Noveske parts collected for a build. I gave up on getting a barrel nut wrench from Noveske and wound up ordering a 1 1/16" crowfoot wrench from Snap-On.
    Yeah, I ended up buying a cheapo wrench off Amazon and spending about 10 minutes on a bench grinder. Not pretty, but it worked on that NSR barrel nut. In the meantime in the sanding-to-fit category., two of the Noveske matched upper/lower sets I bought have trouble dropping PMags, and none of my three Noveske uppers will fit any of the other Noveske lowers enough to allow the takedown pin to be pushed in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Noveske has been busy lately behind closed doors. First they released the integrally suppressed upper and now the N6!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, shorty .308's hurt to shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would be nice if they made the switchblock NSR's available for retail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    This

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus... a 12.5" .308? I suppose if one were to dislocate their shoulder and needed a way to put it back, that might be the ticket. I can't wait to see how much the N6 is going to cost. I'm guessing one will have to pull a second mortgage on their home to afford one.

Daniel Defense has already done the integrally-suppressed thing. Not my cup of tea. Kind of ties you down to one configuration for the life of the rifle, which to me negates the benefit of the inherent modularity of the platform.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    But then you'd be deprived of the opportunity to purchase an $1800 factory built Switchblock upper.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Extra heavy buffer and a orange Sprinco and they are manageable. With Hornady Home defense and a fairly heavy can mine is actually fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been down this road...Noveske took care of me, but as far as I'm concerned, the company has been gutted at this point. I'm sad. Noveske was an American business with a great reputation less than half a decade ago. Now their product is seemingly suspect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I've been down this road...Noveske took care of me, but as far as I'm concerned, the company has been gutted at this point. I'm sad. Noveske was an American business with a great reputation less than half a decade ago. Now their product is seemingly suspect.
    Game. Set. Match.

Still love my Noveske Rifles that function 100%.... will be a customer in the future if/when they turn it around.