Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Game. Set. Match.

Still love my Noveske Rifles that function 100%.... will be a customer in the future if/when they turn it around.
    I'm still a customer. I'm a dyed in the wool Noveske fanboy and can't really see that changing. But i do find myself choosing other options over Noveske more frequently these days. All my Noveske rifles and barrels function 100%, and i love them. So it's not quality that's steering me other directions. It's cost and availability. There are so many other options these days that offer the same quality for less money, and they're in stock. I'm really hoping Noveske get's it together.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'm still a customer. I'm a dyed in the wool Noveske fanboy and can't really see that changing. But i do find myself choosing other options over Noveske more frequently these days. All my Noveske rifles and barrels function 100%, and i love them. So it's not quality that's steering me other directions. It's cost and availability. There are so many other options these days that offer the same quality for less money, and they're in stock. I'm really hoping Noveske get's it together.
    Well said. I feel exactly the same way. Pricing needs to be re-evaluated, and they need to get their manufacturing partnerships back on track. That said I love my Noveske products and will continue to be a customer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple Gen III builds I did about a year ago. The takedown pins were tight on both builds but did improve over time and use. I had no issues with the trigger pins, Geissele SD3G trigger group in both builds. One build is a Noveske MUR upper and the other is a Gen III upper. Just a little tight at first on these. HOWEVER, if I use my Colt upper or KAC upper...they are tight enough I have to use a punch to get them open. MIL-SPEC....does not appear that way.

I was an admitted Noveske fan-boy. KAC has been getting most of my money as of late...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    I have a couple Gen III builds I did about a year ago. The takedown pins were tight on both builds but did improve over time and use. I had no issues with the trigger pins, Geissele SD3G trigger group in both builds. One build is a Noveske MUR upper and the other is a Gen III upper. Just a little tight at first on these. HOWEVER, if I use my Colt upper or KAC upper...they are tight enough I have to use a punch to get them open. MIL-SPEC....does not appear that way.

I was an admitted Noveske fan-boy. KAC has been getting most of my money as of late...
    Must be hard having to keep guns now bro...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    THIS.....the bottom line is they do not really offer anything you can not buy from the actual manufacturer. I still love their barrels, but all that made them special has been learned by others. Chamber Dave can only do so much. I do like the NSR as well but whomever is making them (SMOS?) is not keeping up. Part of what made it a special company was John, Joel, Sheri etc. It's a company that could have grown into greatness, and has just fallen flat on it's face IMO. I want them to get their act together really bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    THIS.....the bottom line is they do not really offer anything you can not buy from the actual manufacturer. I still love their barrels, but all that made them special has been learned by others. Chamber Dave can only do so much. I do like the NSR as well but whomever is making them (SMOS?) is not keeping up. Part of what made it a special company was John, Joel, Sheri etc. It's a company that could have grown into greatness, and has just fallen flat on it's face IMO. I want them to get their act together really bad.
    In post #37 of this thread, Stickman spells it out. SMOS was making the NSR for Noveske, but is NOT doing so anymore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered a matched gen 3 set. Showed up at my FFL and it has a nice dent/scratch on the rail section of the upper. Looks like someone attempted to cover with cerakote or a thick paint. Have some emails going with Noveske and the place it was purchased from. Hope they take care of it. The lower looks perfect...little bummed all in all. If this was supposed to be a chainsaw set I'd understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    I just ordered a matched gen 3 set. Showed up at my FFL and it has a nice dent/scratch on the rail section of the upper. Looks like someone attempted to cover with cerakote or a thick paint. Have some emails going with Noveske and the place it was purchased from. Hope they take care of it. The lower looks perfect...little bummed all in all. If this was supposed to be a chainsaw set I'd understand.
    That sucks man, sorry to hear about that. Can you post a photo of what your talking about? I'm curious what they are letting slide...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crappy service, messed up parts, but hey, they have "lifestyle" stuff! Sad to say, but this company was founded on ideals that are no longer there. How long will the life support last? Noveske catered to a lot of people who could give two shits for lifestyle crap.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deffo sucks getting damaged goods when you've paid good money for them. But that said, I wouldn't be so quick to lay the blame on Noveske for the scratch in your receiver. It's entirely possible that it was damaged in transit to whoever you bought it from, or while in their possession, and they tried to cover it up and pass it off as first rate merchandise.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deadwing I thought the same things as well. Did my ffl try to cover something up? If they did they would have done a better job. They do a lot of cerakote work. The other thing, the retailer called me today and stated that 3-4 other people have called them back with similar issues on the matched Noveske sets they purchased. This retailer received 10 matched sets in total. He said some of the pics he received had damage to the upper receivers worse than mine. I don't know why the retailer is not looking them over when verifying serial #'s. He was getting in contact with Noveske to get it rectified.

Last edited by Jinxy; 26 February 2016 at 14:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh... QD optics mounts will do that kinda rubbing or more. If your not happy with it I'll gladly take it off your hands :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Eh... QD optics mounts will do that kinda rubbing or more. If your not happy with it I'll gladly take it off your hands :)
    None of my QD mounts (Larue/ADM) have rounded/dented the corners off of the picatiny on of any of my uppers (some with 3-4k rounds on them- (yes I know thats not a lot)). Wear the cerakote/anno a bit? Maybe a little. I am just a little turned off when I paid 580.00 for something I expected to be perfect since Noveske is touted for their QC. I have receivers from aero, Anderson, cmmg, core, smos, rainier, double star, and Noveske gen 1 and they were all perfect and a lot cheaper. When you pay a premium for a premium company you expect a little more. Is it going to get dinged and scratched? More than likely...but I want to be the one who does it :)
    Last edited by Jinxy; 26 February 2016 at 15:12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^ LOL!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ