Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got an email from the retailer. Tim from Noveske is taking care of the issue as well as the other customers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    Just got an email from the retailer. Tim from Noveske is taking care of the issue as well as the other customers.
    Good to hear it bro. I just ordered a gen 1 set tonight straight from Noveske so I'll be anxious to see what it looks like

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Good to hear it bro. I just ordered a gen 1 set tonight straight from Noveske so I'll be anxious to see what it looks like
    I'll be interested in the fit of your Gen 1. Last two I had were undersized in almost every way. Takedown, pivot pins, detents and all the roll pins. Both lowers would not accept Geissele pins or BAD selectors. And when I say they wouldn't accept them, I mean they wouldn't insert at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'll be interested in the fit of your Gen 1. Last two I had were undersized in almost every way. Takedown, pivot pins, detents and all the roll pins. Both lowers would not accept Geissele pins or BAD selectors. And when I say they wouldn't accept them, I mean they wouldn't insert at all.
    Me too. The last gen 3 set I got was also rough to install. Very tight all around

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Me too. The last gen 3 set I got was also rough to install. Very tight all around
    Respectfully, why bother with them again? Considering the premium they demand, is it worth the hassle?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Respectfully, why bother with them again? Considering the premium they demand, is it worth the hassle?
    I love the way the finished product turn out. We've got other top tier brands in our collection though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i often wonder about issues like this. how do these issues arise with noveske but you don't see them on any threads from other companies that source with the same vendors. is it just a volume thing? I mean, people are drooling over the SMOS stuff, but how is it any more or less likely to get the same fit/finish issues than when you could buy the same product from noveske?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    i often wonder about issues like this. how do these issues arise with noveske but you don't see them on any threads from other companies that source with the same vendors. is it just a volume thing? I mean, people are drooling over the SMOS stuff, but how is it any more or less likely to get the same fit/finish issues than when you could buy the same product from noveske?
    Good question. I have to assume that Noveske is specifying the lowers to be made at the low end of the tolerance. But that's just a guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The fitting requirement I can see falling under the John regime. I can imagine he and a lot of people would rather have to require some fitment than hear about, or deal with sloppy tolerances and fit over finish. Performance absolutely matters more than looks, but at Gen III prices, it ought to be pretty, too.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back in the John days, all rifles and upper/lower sets were hand fitted for perfect tolerance. If you buy a single upper/lower, it's game on as far as fitment goes. This is nothing new. You don't like it? Buy a Colt. Guaranteed to fit and be loose as a goose.
    MEGA Arms is the closest I've ever seen to getting their tolerances identical piece by piece. I've bought a TON of MEGA separate Uppers and Lowers and almost all have a perfect tight, but not too tight of a fitment with each other. They'll be the first to admit this is one of their strengths. Exacting, constistant tolerancing on every piece that goes out the door. To .001.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Back in the John days, all rifles and upper/lower sets were hand fitted for perfect tolerance. If you buy a single upper/lower, it's game on as far as fitment goes. This is nothing new. You don't like it? Buy a Colt. Guaranteed to fit and be loose as a goose.
    MEGA Arms is the closest I've ever seen to getting their tolerances identical piece by piece. I've bought a TON of MEGA separate Uppers and Lowers and almost all have a perfect tight, but not too tight of a fitment with each other. They'll be the first to admit this is one of their strengths. Exacting, constistant tolerancing on every piece that goes out the door. To .001.
    What a coincidence... guess who is making Noveske Receivers now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    Funny you should bring this up. My SMOS GFY set fit each other perfectly, but don't fit other uppers/lower for shit. My factory built Gen 3 Noveske actually is MORE compatible with other uppers/lowers than the SMOS. Noveske bashing is the fashionable thing to do these days. Just as it's fashionable to be goo-goo ga-ga over SMOS right now. Which is amusing as hell, since there's a good chance that the Noveske parts people are bitching about were probably made by SMOS; and from my sample of one, the SMOS parts exhibit the same issues the Noveske whiners are carrying on about. Can't make this shit up.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Funny you should bring this up. My SMOS GFY set fit each other perfectly, but don't fit other uppers/lower for shit. My factory built Gen 3 Noveske actually is MORE compatible with other uppers/lowers than the SMOS. Noveske bashing is the fashionable thing to do these days. Just as it's fashionable to be goo-goo ga-ga over SMOS right now. Which is amusing as hell, since there's a good chance that the Noveske parts people are bitching about were probably made by SMOS; and from my sample of one, the SMOS parts exhibit the same issues the Noveske whiners are carrying on about. Can't make this shit up.
    Someone didn't get their coffee this morning.

But I hear what you're saying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Someone didn't get their coffee this morning.
    Name:  61HRfrDB7zL._SY355_.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  19.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What a coincidence... guess who is making Noveske Receivers now
    based on my limited experience with Mega arms billet parts (a whopping 2 sets) i can't say i'd be upset by a mega manufactured Noveske set. I wonder who is making the rails now.