8 57.14%
  • DDM4 V11 SLW

5 35.71%
  • Spikes Black Assassin

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it's a pain to find any 14.5 KAC rifles in stock anywhere.... Been looking online for a site that even has any to get a quote

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hkdcamcain View Post
    Apparently it's a pain to find any 14.5 KAC rifles in stock anywhere.... Been looking online for a site that even has any to get a quote
    Try boltcarrier.com I know they stock a lot of KAC gear

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone familiar with this site? I've never heard of it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone familiar with this site? I've never heard of it
    Yes, they're the FFL holders for their sister site Operation Parts, one of the largest KAC dealers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For $2300 I'd expect a lot more rifle than that. To add my $.02 in, the route I would take is the BCM RECCE 16 Precision for $1600, add the KAC sights for ~$200 depending on what deal you get on ebay and call her a day.

The SR-15 deal on that site I'm willing to bet comes with the same patriot case you can get on Rainier for $70 with a different sticker on it. They're just up-charging it.

That puts you around $1900 with cash for ammo.

Recoil is really a non issue in my mind, it's a 5.56...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    For $2300 I'd expect a lot more rifle than that. To add my $.02 in, the route I would take is the BCM RECCE 16 Precision for $1600, add the KAC sights for ~$200 depending on what deal you get on ebay and call her a day.

The SR-15 deal on that site I'm willing to bet comes with the same patriot case you can get on Rainier for $70 with a different sticker on it. They're just up-charging it.

That puts you around $1900 with cash for ammo.

Recoil is really a non issue in my mind, it's a 5.56...
    Just an FYI, he's looking for a 14.5 Rifle.

Also, a BCM Recce 16 seems to be a bad deal. Why?

You can buy a BCM Complete Blem lower for $350 and a BCM 16" 410SS Complete Upper Group with BCG + Gunfighter CH for $800 http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-S...kmr-a-15ib.htm

That's $1150 for the same exact rifle. Add in $125-225 for sights of your choice and even a match trigger, you'd still be at or under the price of the complete rifle. BCM doesn't do matched receivers, so buying a complete rifle doesn't do much.

I own both a KAC 14.5 Mod2 and BCM lower + BCM BFH 14.5 ELW complete upper. The KAC is my go to rifle, hands down.

1600 + 200 gets your BCM Recce 16 + KAC sights off eBay, sure. What about a match trigger? KAC has a 2 stage Match, the BCM has a milspec or milspec like trigger ( QMS / ACT ). Buying a comparable Geissele will run you close to $200. Now you're at about 2,000. The KAC also has dedicated Ambi Controls, you'd need to buy a BAD Lever + Ambi Safety + Ambi Mag Release. Add those 3 together and you're close to 2,100+, the KAC also comes with a LMT Sopmod which is $200 vs the $55 dollar BCM Gunfighter Stock. All things taken into consideration, it's an excellent gun when you consider all those upgrades.

What you can't get with the BCM ( Intermediate Gas System, Mod 2 non-taper gas system, E3 Bolt ) is a bigger reason to me on picking the KAC over the aforementioned upgrades above.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, for the record... I'm hesitant on the 14.5 at this point due to pinned muzzle device. Given how light the 16 inch KAC is I may lean that direction so I can use my choice of muzzle accessory.

I'm surprised how hard it is to find these things too... Only a handful of sites even stock them. It's pretty crazy. I'm guessing I won't notice the extra 1.5 inches.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SR15 ftw. Do it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got both of mine used for $1600 and $1700 respectively. One has a triple tap as well. I'd look at the used boards on other sites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hodge is building a good reputation and you can probably find one in the ballpark of the price you are looking at.

https://dsgarms.com/rifle-platforms-ar15-hodge-defense

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, for the record... I'm hesitant on the 14.5 at this point due to pinned muzzle device. Given how light the 16 inch KAC is I may lean that direction so I can use my choice of muzzle accessory.

I'm surprised how hard it is to find these things too... Only a handful of sites even stock them. It's pretty crazy. I'm guessing I won't notice the extra 1.5 inches.
    That 1.5" less barrel swing is not worth having to run to a gunsmith to get the muzzle device changed.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Hodge is building a good reputation and you can probably find one in the ballpark of the price you are looking at.

https://dsgarms.com/rifle-platforms-ar15-hodge-defense
    Since i have an sr15 already id probably get a hodge, but an sr15 first