Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! Tlaloc's experiment.

Hi there,

This is my first post here and I kinda wanted to get straight down to business I recently moved to WA from Minnesota.

I am working on my second AR build. The requirement is to be light and compact rifle. I am even thinking on going into the SBR route.

I really liked the idea of the the MVB ARC, I like I can pick whatever bolt I'd like.

What I am finding challenging is the safety and the pivot and take down pins. I had originally bought the 5.56 EZ Push (Enhanced Feature)

Well the take down pin is too long and doesn't let the side bars rotate to extend. I figure out going with a set of mil-spec colt is the fix.

Now what I really don't like is the safety. I originally wanted to use the BAD Lever. You can see in the pic bellow that the clearance is pretty tight. I am thinking on going with a push button safety selector.

What do you think? Id love to hear your thoughts on the safety selector issue.

Thank you for your time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard! Sorry I can't speak from first hand experience with the Elftmann, but my gut feeling is that I'd still prefer a traditional throw lever. I'm guessing the majority of the time that the stock is collapsed would be for storage and transportation, then when you're ready to fire the stock would be extended...hopefully opening up more room for your thumb. Even with the stock collapsed, it may be a bit tight, but still manageable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    B.A.D. just came out with their PDW lower that's essentially the same thing. I'd go with shorties on both sides. I don't think actuation the levers will be a problem for more than a minute first time out. That movement is muscle memory for anybody that shoots, or at least fondles an AR, so you'll figure that out just as easy as realizing the Elftman doesn't have levers every time you use the gun. IOW: I think it'd take longer to relearn the new safety using strictly brain power and not eyeballing.

Sweet build and welcome to the forum!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about your move to WA.

Quick side note. You won't be able to SBR that in WA on a Form 1 any longer until the language in the law gets cleaned up. Hopefully next legislative session they'll be able to fix it.

So, I wouldn't count on that lower being an SBR anytime soon. Only factory SBR's transferred on Form 4's are allowed currently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll give ya fiddy buck for it.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your thoughts. I will try a different B. A. D. lever.

The move to Washington isn't bad coming from Minnesota. Wait... So you can only own factory SBRs in Washington state? Now I'm thinking it's a bad move.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. I will try a different B. A. D. lever.

The move to Washington isn't bad coming from Minnesota. Wait... So you can only own factory SBRs in Washington state? Now I'm thinking it's a bad move.

That's correct. The ATF around late April/early May started rejecting Form 1 SBR's. Long story, but that's where we are because of the way the law was originally written. They're not going after current approved Form 1's, but right now a Factory Form 4 is the only way you can do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's correct. The ATF around late April/early May started rejecting Form 1 SBR's. Long story, but that's where we are because of the way the law was originally written. They're not going after current approved Form 1's, but right now a Factory Form 4 is the only way you can do it.
    So serious question. Could someone go to say rainier with their parts and have rainier build it and file it and then transfer it to you on a form 4 once approved? Technically it's factory built then...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    So serious question. Could someone go to say rainier with their parts and have rainier build it and file it and then transfer it to you on a form 4 once approved? Technically it's factory built then...
    I don't think so...look at footnotes on the Rainier PDW. http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...amatch-pdw-sbr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    I don't think so...look at footnotes on the Rainier PDW. http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...amatch-pdw-sbr
    Interesting.. So according to the red notes at the bottom they made a SBR that can't even be sold now in WA bc of the laws...

Note: I'm sure this was in production before those bs laws went into effect...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just put a set of standard milspec TDP's on it and call it a day. The safety shouldn't be an issue since the stock should only be collapsed when its not in use. If it needs to be deployed quickly from storage opening up the stock will just be an added step. Comes with the territory. No offense but unless your going to be running that thing from beneath a trench coat doing PS for some high profile employer its got limited applications.
    Last edited by Stone; 24 November 2015 at 21:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Are they rejecting app's from every state or just WA?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LHTwist View Post
    Are they rejecting app's from every state or just WA?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Just WA...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a BAD forged lower, MVB Arc stock, and use the BAD take down pins and BAD ambi safety.......everything works just fine for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in a hate relationship with BAD. They released their stock short after I bought the MVB...