Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So moving on. I'd like to keep this building versatile. A good range rifle as well as a good posible self defense weapon. Any recommendations for the trigger group? I understand the difference between single and double stages but I'm still unsure which route is best. I'm looking to spend between $200_300 on it.
    Last edited by Tlaloc; 13 December 2015 at 09:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That price gives you a lot of options. Some prefer a 2 stage for precision and single for CQB. To me it's just a personal preference thing, so you need to buy both. My favorite Geissele triggers are their SD-E and SD-3G, I really like their flat bows. Geissele has a 15% off sale going on, but it ends tonight.

https://geissele.com/triggers.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary Arms is also running a 20% off sale on Geissele products.

http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-...brand_1001_74/
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want a single you may want to checkout Hiperfire.

https://www.rainierarms.com/catalogs.../?manufacturer[]=287
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer the feel/ergonomics of flat trigger bows as well. Just put in a Geissele Super Tricon...really like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Thank you for all your thoughts regarding triggers. I kind of got sidetracked on my build and ended up getting an upper instead. So here is where we are at. Im looking to get the trigger and bolt catch fixings in the next few weeks.

Name:  rifle_january-1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  427.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking like a great start. I am super happy with my Forward Controls ABC-RF bolt catch. The added area and angle works very well. You can't go wrong with a Geissele trigger like their G2S.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had ordered one and came in today. Its a bute!

Name:  rifle_january-2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  265.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you guys, I'm glad you like the ABC/R Though designed for use with ambi mag catches that obscure a standard bolt catch's lower paddle, the ABC/R's features (angled and easy to reach paddles) are just as useful without an ambi mag catch.

RE: the pins you posted on first page, I thought they looked like the BAD-EPS (my name is on the utility patent for the EPS, along with my former partner at Battle Arms), then realized they were a blatant knock off. They didn't even do a decent job of ripping it off

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thank you guys, I'm glad you like the ABC/R Though designed for use with ambi mag catches that obscure a standard bolt catch's lower paddle, the ABC/R's features (angled and easy to reach paddles) are just as useful without an ambi mag catch.

RE: the pins you posted on first page, I thought they looked like the BAD-EPS (my name is on the utility patent for the EPS, along with my former partner at Battle Arms), then realized they were a blatant knock off. They didn't even do a decent job of ripping it off
    Nice catch Roger! I didn't even notice that they were knockoffs until you mentioned it, and I had to look again. I think the EPS pins are pretty much a must going forward for any build. Great job on that patent by the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Richard, the patents (two) haven't been published yet, but we loathe cloners any time of the day :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    First thing I noticed were those pins were copies then I get to the second page and see the comments. I hate that BS and go out of my way not to purchase from companies producing blatant ripoffs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the saying? "Often imitated, never duplicated"? Fits pretty well here...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Just WA...
    You could always give the lower to someone on your trust that's out of state, form 1 it at their address and then after it's approved form 20 to your WA address.

I brought a couple into the state on form 20 a few months back when I moved here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thanks Richard, the patents (two) haven't been published yet, but we loathe cloners any time of the day :D
    Don't you know imitation (well, an attempt, in this case) is the highest form of flattery?