Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well at least they called back. Godspeed Luis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    I just heard back from his FB friend. His reply is about not getting a response from Luis's mom and where she is staying:

"I am sorry concerning his mom. She is very reserved and also is not doing well. He did live with his mom but I think she is not staying there but with a family member I do not know what to say. She had told me she would call me back but I do not think she will. Thanks for your concern and God bless."

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe we could collect a few bucks and just sent them a gift card and a note. I think when you're grieving it's hard to say yes you'll accept something from people you don't know. During my conversations with Luis, I don't think he was doing great financially, so it would probably help. Just my 2 cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe we could collect a few bucks and just sent them a gift card and a note. I think when you're grieving it's hard to say yes you'll accept something from people you don't know. During my conversations with Luis, I don't think he was doing great financially, so it would probably help. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm in. Just let me know where to send a donation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I'm in. Just let me know where to send a donation.
    I guess they would probably get it if we sent it to Luis's address. Do we have a WEVO leader who wants to receive the funds? I will do it if you guys want. I was thinking some might feel better sending funds to a staff member.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your as trust worthy as anyone Marty

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking the money thing is the way to go. A gift card is the way to go. We just have to know who to send it to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am thinking the money thing is the way to go. A gift card is the way to go. We just have to know who to send it to.
    We can either share his address and let them receive a lot of notes and funds, or we can centralize it. It might be nice for them to receive several notes. I think gift cards are a great idea.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets get someone who is within driving distance of his home thay can make contact and figure out what is needed. Just sending money to an address may not work the intended way and if his mom is around she may need something specific or some bills paid or something, maybe luis had a will and he wanted money to go somewhere. Someone should go there and make direct contact before we do anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Lets get someone who is within driving distance of his home thay can make contact and figure out what is needed. Just sending money to an address may not work the intended way and if his mom is around she may need something specific or some bills paid or something, maybe luis had a will and he wanted money to go somewhere. Someone should go there and make direct contact before we do anything.
    Also a very good point. I've seen enough vultures when someone passes where I also don't want to see us funding a leech who wasn't even close to the man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly did not expect to hear much response from his family. And not certain anything donated would be used properly. Luis and I PM'ed each other on FB a few times and he was having some issues where he was living. He seemed concerned about his belongings when he was in the hospital before. I think his residence had a revolving door of family and their friends moving in and out. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I took from his concerns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I honestly did not expect to hear much response from his family. And not certain anything donated would be used properly. Luis and I PM'ed each other on FB a few times and he was having some issues where he was living. He seemed concerned about his belongings when he was in the hospital before. I think his residence had a revolving door of family and their friends moving in and out. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I took from his concerns.
    That is unfortunate.

Anyone has his personal info? State? Address maybe?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    That is unfortunate.

Anyone has his personal info? State? Address maybe?
    SINNER has a good point, looking back on PM's that's basically the same concerns he shared with me.

VDM, I've got some of that info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    SINNER has a good point, looking back on PM's that's basically the same concerns he shared with me.

VDM, I've got some of that info.
    Maybe contact local PD and see if they can do us a favor? Swing by, see if they can get some info?

That is unless we can get a member that's local to do it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So anyone live near Orlando FL?