Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm more curious about the back pressure of both cans than anything else. Full auto rating is also necessary, but they both are so no big deal.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If it's of any consequence I now have can #2 on the way. I ordered a Revolution 9 this evening.

Son of a bitch! I hate those Griffin guys! I shake my wallet and fist in their general direction.
    I heard an Octane 9 and a Ti-Rant 9 on a Glock 19 and the Octane had an unpleasant tone even with subsonics. The Ti-Rant....and I'm not a huge AAC fan for rifle cans, but I'd have to go for their pistol can or Griffins in this case

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's of any consequence I now have can #2 on the way. I ordered a Revolution 9 this evening.

Son of a bitch! I hate those Griffin guys! I shake my wallet and fist in their general direction.
    Didn't you just get done waiting?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any reason to buy a 9mm suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    You know it never stops.... I'm itching for another!

Downloads
    Uploads

Now we get to hear about it for the next 4 months....

I keeeeeeeed....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Same boat, still waiting, it never ends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Now we get to hear about it for the next 4 months....

I keeeeeeeed....
    HAAAAHAAA!!! LOL! I KNOW Right! I am going to go on a road trip with Uwone and kick the back of the driver's seat every 30 minutes asking 'are we there yet?? I GOTTAAA PEEE!' HAAHAAA!!!

Then of course he will respond, 'boy don't make me come back there!' giving me the one arm behind the head swat. HAHAA!!!

I did just get done waiting not too long ago. The Recce 5 was my first one and honestly I was kind of not sure what I was in for. Ever since I was a kid I wanted one but now pandoras box is opened. It's only limited by my wallet. But in the end I am loving suppression so I have been thinking it over too much as usual. Really since it is kind of a pain in the ass to buy one and generally you're stuck with it forever so I wanted to make wise choices.

With the 9mm can it actually has several benefits that suit me perfectly so I am confident in my choice.

Here is basically what it boils down to... in my prepper mind... (no I am not really a prepper but I do like to be prepared) I want to have two main go to calibers with a 3rd thrown in there. 5.56, 9mm, and 22. I have the 5.56 covered and soon I will have the 9mm covered... I also discovered that you can shoot .22 through the 9mm just fine... and it suppresses pretty good. GA is also making .22 end caps to up the awesome level even more. I can also buy 3 lug adapters and put them on a .22 pistol and rifle... and have a QD .22 suppressor just like the checkmate. Basically bases will be covered.

So then with my main go to calibers I can start focusing on those... so when bullshit happens (like this terrorist attack) and they want to ban guns or whatever... I can have a stock of the big 3 to carry me over between panics.

For reloading I will buy small rifle and small pistol primers even if I don't need em... I will buy bullets even if I don't need em... same with powder or whatever. I can borrow an automated press and basically wind up with 2 or 3 or more giant ice chests full of 9mm subs or a few more full of match .223...

I also might buy more pistol hosts, but at least I am not rocking the boat in doing so. I am basically focusing my efforts. Since I am not a millionaire yet I have to coordinate my efforts so that I can shoot enough even when the store shelves are barren. So yeah it is a silencer but I am figuring out how all this floats in the big picture.

Anyway you get the picture...so logically the next step is buying that 9mm can :)

I might have yet another surprise coming up here again soon too :) That's under wraps for now....
    Last edited by alamo5000; 5 December 2015 at 03:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just because you had sex once and you tell me you're not satisified?

It's like a damn crack habit :)

Maybe we should have a hoarders edition of guns stuff...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooo what happens when you run the rev in the K configuration dry instead of wet? Less suppression? Hearing safe with subs? Full auto safe?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Soooo what happens when you run the rev in the K configuration dry instead of wet? Less suppression? Hearing safe with subs? Full auto safe?
    I will respond because I have been reading a lot about these. I am not the manufacturer though and they have been teaching me a bunch.

In the K config on a pistol it meters about 130 to 132 dry on a pistol. If you run it wet it apparently knocks down the first round pop some but I don't know how much.

And I just learned this..if you are shooting on something with a longer barrel those numbers drop ALOT, probably 10 DB due to barrel length alone.

On the same host you get about a 6-10 DB difference between full and K config.

As for full auto I think it's full auto regardless of the configuration.

Watch the video below... he has a short K configuration with a 3 lug mounted on an MP5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGJ8dJPP5s

So basically I would guess, on a submachine gun in K configuration (due to barrel length) you get in the low 120's. (That's what the optimus does and the Rev 9 should be better)

Also for the record the Optimus uses the same material for their baffles as the Rev 9... and the Optimus is shot in essentially K configuration ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCP4AF8Hv-k

At 1:28 you should see about what you would get on a sub machine gun in K configuration... It's a different suppressor but I think they are roughly close enough. However the Rev 9 might be a slight bit quieter.

One more video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMyAFR1S69w

Silencer Shop metered an average of 125 DB out of the full config on a pistol vs 128 DB on the K configuration.

On anything with a longer barrel those numbers apparently drop a lot.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 5 December 2015 at 08:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to be using it on a 4.5" barrel, so it'll be louder I guess. Hmmm. I guess the K configuration may not work for me. I wanted to keep the overall length as short as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gemtech gm9

Gcore ftw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My next thing up for discussion is this: I don't know WHY Sig has to be a big pain in the ass on their threaded barrels. Everyone else on the planet uses 1/2x28. That is the piston I got with my can. That way if I am swapping hosts or whatever it's easy. So if or rather when I buy more host weapons I can move it around with less hassle.

Silencerco has some new barrels out that have normal threads for the Sig 226. I am guessing I am going to have to go that route since there seems to be no other options out there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is basically what it boils down to... in my prepper mind... (no I am not really a prepper but I do like to be prepared) I want to have two main go to calibers with a 3rd thrown in there. 5.56, 9mm, and 22.

So then with my main go to calibers I can start focusing on those...
    Not to get off topic but I always find it interesting that people who "stock up" on ammo often forget and/or discount the 12ga. I love .22 as much as the next guy but if I could only have 3 rounds I'd certainly take the versatility of a shotgun over a .22lr.

Okay I'll get off my soapbox now :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Not to get off topic but I always find it interesting that people who "stock up" on ammo often forget and/or discount the 12ga. I love .22 as much as the next guy but if I could only have 3 rounds I'd certainly take the versatility of a shotgun over a .22lr.

Okay I'll get off my soapbox now :)
    I come from a LONG line of shotgunners. Believe me. That part is covered :)