Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I researched this subject out extensively and you will get about 15,000 rounds down range with a RA Select before you need to rebarrel. Not too shabby at all.
    I was about to say, Rainier Arms' stainless barrels are some of the toughest out there. For the accuracy they provide and durability, you'd be crazy to discount them if they offer the chamber/twist you desire. And not all of their stainless barrels are the stereotypical shiny finish. One of mine was black from factory and the other a very matte gray color. One is 16", the other 18", both are 1:8 profiled and shoot and perform to a level most shooters won't ever match. You'd be doing yourself a favor to at least look

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll give the Rainier barrels another look for sure. Who makes their barrels anyway?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    I'll give the Rainier barrels another look for sure. Who makes their barrels anyway?
    Nobody knows for sure but rumor is that Black Hole Weaponry makes them for Rainier. Whoever is the actual manufacturer, they have their act together that's for sure.

My barrel is black so you do have a choice in color. It's made from stainless steel but it comes in black or a matte silver.

I am telling you for sure though, I am MORE than pleased with mine. I can shoot dime size groups at 100 yards with 69 gr SMK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whelp, my PC took a dump, so it seems my new barrel will have to wait a bit. But, now I can go about shopping with a lot more knowledge than I previously had. Thanks guys!