Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had the BCM stock on my SBR since her creation and so far it's not bad. Still a fan of the B5 stocks. I've been thinking of putting a MFT stock on the 14.5" in place of the UBR to shave some weight of the fat gal. Now as far as barrels my 10.5 is a rainier barrel and it's been flawless so far. My 11.5" build will be a BCM barrel though.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 10½ Aero barrel and have thrown every kind of ammo I can buy locally at it, and not a single hiccup. I'm in the process of dialing in reloads for it, and it is running sweet. I'd say go short! And the MFT stock is great... a 458Socom 10½ upper also uses the same SBR lower, and the stock handles the thumper just fine.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    10.5 wins :) That's what it's going to be.

I should be getting an invoice probably in the morning for some extra stuff I have going on

I don't want to spoil the fun so once my two hook ups happen I will let yall know the story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My sbr is 10.5" mas defense barrel. Cheap enough that if it doesn't last it's no skin off my back. Runs all ammo I've put through it, but I don't shoot steel case ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning on another Ballistic Advantage 10.3 or 10.5 for my next SBR upper. It'll be used with the Superlative Arms Piston Kit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm planning on another Ballistic Advantage 10.3 or 10.5 for my next SBR upper. It'll be used with the Superlative Arms Piston Kit.
    Speaking of Ballistics Advantage... I am still negotiating but that's what I will end up with. 10.5 with a pinned SLR adjustable gas block with a 9.7" Solo lite rail....

I am going to try and wrap it all up in the morning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why a piston kit?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are my muzzle options... chime in to which one you like better.... I am leaning towards the first or the last of these three. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just received a pair of the Tapered Flash Comps from my Black Friday order for both my Carbine and my SBR (as my Recce7 is still in NFA jail).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Here are my muzzle options... chime in to which one you like better.... I am leaning towards the first or the last of these three. What do you think?

Coming from one who has owned several different comps, I prefer brakes. In my opinion the comps are not much tamer than a brake, and don't handle nearly as well. The reviews on the last one look promising.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    10.3" BA Hanson Performance with pinned 0.75" gas block, QPQ finish with FailZero extension, 1 in 7 twist, 20 oz.........sale for $171.36 on BA's website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a ballistic advantage 10.5 barrel, an SLR adjustable block, and a SLR 9.7" rail.

I should have them by monday or tuesday.

My lower is supposed to arrive tomorrow as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Coming from one who has owned several different comps, I prefer brakes. In my opinion the comps are not much tamer than a brake, and don't handle nearly as well. The reviews on the last one look promising.
    I am so torn on which one to get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with the Hammer Comp....

Now I might need some help here....

The only couple parts that I have left to get is a mil spec buffer tube kit... the only thing is I want an end plate that has a QD socket with it.

I also need a pistol grip, probably Magpul.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 10 December 2015 at 19:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you could piece a set together and then get the QD socket you want... as far as a grip I like the umbrella or B5 grips but thats something on personal preference and can be easily swapped of course...