Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    you could piece a set together and then get the QD socket you want... as far as a grip I like the umbrella or B5 grips but thats something on personal preference and can be easily swapped of course...
    I am spending money like a drunken sailor so all I need is to locate a good buffer tube kit (milspec but but no chinese made chit) and grip. I will probably go with the MOE until I find something I like better. Also I want to find a QD end plate because that's how my sling that I never use is set up.

Prices are all over the frickin place. 99 cents up to 25 bucks for a damn end plate.

My brain is on overload right now to be honest. I am almost shopped out for tonight.

I guess I will just need a standard buffer but since I don't know crap about SBRs I guess I will find out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am spending money like a drunken sailor so all I need is to locate a good buffer tube kit (milspec but but no chinese made chit) and grip. I will probably go with the MOE until I find something I like better. Also I want to find a QD end plate because that's how my sling that I never use is set up.

Prices are all over the frickin place. 99 cents up to 25 bucks for a damn end plate.

My brain is on overload right now to be honest. I am almost shopped out for tonight.

I guess I will just need a standard buffer but since I don't know crap about SBRs I guess I will find out.
    For an SBR, I like end plates with a QD, like the Fortis.

I know not everyone likes 1 point slings, but for SBR's at the range, I love'em.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For an SBR, I like end plates with a QD, like the Fortis.

I know not everyone likes 1 point slings, but for SBR's at the range, I love'em.
    I've never had an SBR but after my usual over analysis of things I found that I like it too

Not that I have ever owned an SBR... but just in general.

My sling can go from one point to two in no time flat...

Should I get a fortis?

After that all I need is a buffer, a tube, and a spring.

Since I have absolutely zero SBR experience (never even shot one) do I need anything special in that regard? Also how can I tell a shitty Chinese buffer tube from a decent one? I don't want to pay a hundred bucks for one either if I can help it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I just bought a Fortis QD end plate...

Next up is a non shitty buffer tube, a buffer, and a spring.

And of course an Aimpoint T2.

That last one will have to wait.

EDIT: oh yeah... and a grip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After that all I need is a buffer, a tube, and a spring.

Since I have absolutely zero SBR experience (never even shot one) do I need anything special in that regard?
    If you're that worried about your extension, get one made from 7075 and it should clear your "not shitty" hurdle easily. Costs a few bucks more, but not that much. Damage Industries (short, but useable threads) for $26, BCM via AIMSurplus for $39, Spikes if you want to overpay. Plenty more if you dig around a little. Personally, I've not had a bad mil-spec sized extension yet...even the PSA kit 6069 tubes have been fine on "soft use" carbines.

Springs vary way more that I used to think they would, but I try not to obsess about them regardless of barrel length. I didn't need to do anything in this area to have a reliable 10.5" upper.

You might consider starting with an H or H2 buffer. If you buy an H2 and find it too heavy for your build, you can always swap one weight with a standard carbine and have two (slightly discounted) H buffers
    Last edited by RiverRat; 10 December 2015 at 22:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you buy a stock with it I think this is the best deal around for a quality kit.

55$ gets you a 7075 buffer tube, H buffer, spring, and castle nut, and all with rainier quality. This is my go to these days if not using an A5.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...code-sale-6697

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If you buy a stock with it I think this is the best deal around for a quality kit.

55$ gets you a 7075 buffer tube, H buffer, spring, and castle nut, and all with rainier quality. This is my go to these days if not using an A5.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...code-sale-6697
    That's what I am looking for... but they are out of stock.

I will find one. I was just so tired (worn out) from a long day yesterday that I started to go cross eyed looking at my computer screen.

I still have to send off my lower for engraving and all that before I can do anything with it anyway so it's not like I am in a rush. I just don't want something from Hai Xian Fu Limited that will come over on a slow boat from Hong Kong.

I also don't want to over pay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I am looking for... but they are out of stock.

I will find one. I was just so tired (worn out) from a long day yesterday that I started to go cross eyed looking at my computer screen.

I still have to send off my lower for engraving and all that before I can do anything with it anyway so it's not like I am in a rush. I just don't want something from Hai Xian Fu Limited that will come over on a slow boat from Hong Kong.

I also don't want to over pay.
    Similar kit from BCM: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...K-HARDWARE-KIT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Done. Bought. Purchased.

Thanks for the link.

I trust BCM. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would run the 11.5" barrel. The 10.5's might run fine when the gas ports are the right size- the military guns seem to run well. One of the issues with the validity of saying that of course is that the military only runs a controlled ammo pressure. That makes it way easier to be reliable. A consumer gun will see various types of ammunition, and I don't really believe the 10.3 is good for that type of use. It sounds like you also have a sound suppressor in the mix and that means various types of ammo pressure + extra pressure from a can. I have a Daniel Defense 10.3 and we run various types of ammo and cans and it runs for total garbage. The 10.3" barrel doesn't have remotely ideal dwell time for DI operation. Reliability problems can be traced to that. The DD barrel is probably oversized at the gas port compounding reliability issues- the gun was malfing about 1 in 10 rounds prior to a GA SOB buffer and at that point reliability increased to about 99%, but one malf in a hundred is still pretty horrible IMO.

On the muzzle devices, the taper mount hammer comp is probably the way to go for the short gun. The minimalist will have excessive muzzle flash on the short guns.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    As soon as you mentioned DD barrel I knew where the post was going. DD is known for jacked up/oversized gas ports. My 10.5 WOA runs great with a variety of ammo suppressed and unsuppressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like I am all in now Well almost.

I got my lower from the FFL and I was going to send it off for engraving. Actually Jeff Cross said he would engrave it for free for me!!! What a super nice guy. I've never met him in person but I would like to

That said by the time I UPS'ed it to them for engraving and so forth it was still pretty cheap... but I found a guy that is really close to me that engraved it for me while I waited. I called him to inquire and he basically said 'come on over and I will fix you up'...

I threw on a jacket, drove over this evening (Sunday)... left my house at 6pm and got back home with a beautifully engraved lower by 7pm. He did it for under $50 flat and there was no wait or shipping.

Now I just gotta figure out that whole efile form 1 thing.

From what I can remember the only parts I lack now are iron sites and a red dot+mount. Everything else is ordered and en route already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I submitted my efile form 1 with some help from Distrbmedic167 and a youtube video from silencer shop.

Oh I hope I didn't mess that up.

Downloads
    Uploads

SBR Discussion-- My Build

You should be good. Now the wait begins.. Again...