Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    shifting gears here a little bit.

I am putting together my lower and I have a few observations.

First off the bolt catch/release pin... CMT beefed that up alot than what they had with the previous models (which apparently I now have one of each). It's a welcome change albeit for my purposes a minor one.

I bought a battle arms mag release button and I like it a lot better than the seekins one. I know it's a small thing, but small things matter.

I also bought a bunch of strike industries stuff... springs, detents, mag release, take down pins, plungers, all that stuff, that little piece that holds your buffer in place (and spring)... man, I am telling you... for small parts I personally can tell a difference. The stuff they sent me was all extremely quality. If you are looking for mix and match parts for a lower build... after today... I wouldn't even think of looking past Strike Industries. To me there is a noticeable difference.

I just thought I would pass that along.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info on Strike. I was swapping lower parts this week, and zing, lost a pivot spring and detent. Found the detent right away, found the spring yesterday. The Brownells tool is great, just remember to rotate down before removing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been wanting to get my hands on some of the Strike Industries stuff. I'll have to move that up the priority list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
    I've been wanting to get my hands on some of the Strike Industries stuff. I'll have to move that up the priority list.
    Everything I touched was great. Even the finish on the mag catch was great.

For being small parts I was completely impressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Everything I touched was great. Even the finish on the mag catch was great.

For being small parts I was completely impressed.
    I had been looking at some of it online, and saw a few parts on a build at Rainier Arms. Not sure I'm high on their safety, but some of the other stuff seemed nice.