Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone load .357Sig?

Got a new toy, and am looking at options for more ammo. Never seen bulk ammo for .357Sig here, ever. Lots of HD stuff tho.

Just curious if anyone does
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on its accuracy, I'm surprised there's not more PDW application of this caliber. I do think I recently read where Quarter Circle 10 is doing barrels for it now, though.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't load that round but brassman sells the brass for $45 including shipping for 500 rounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Based on its accuracy, I'm surprised there's not more PDW application of this caliber. I do think I recently read where Quarter Circle 10 is doing barrels for it now, though.
    Innnnnnteresting. That could be one hell of a fun gun. Something worth investigating at least.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I don't load that round but brassman sells the brass for $45 including shipping for 500 rounds.
    I'll check it out.. I've seen 1K for $65 but not sure if that's prepped or not.
    ETA: They have decent deals... probably gonna grab some brass from them, thanks

I am curious on the round... after shooting a friends Glock22 with a 357Sig barrel on it, I was impressed enough I bought a Sig P229 in 357Sig.
    Last edited by SwissyJim; 8 December 2015 at 19:54.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 357 sig barrel for my 229 and its great!! I have always loaded my own with hornady 124gr 9mm projectiles over accurate #9. I bought a bunch of blems from midway a while back and have yet to use them all. i would like to try berry's in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got my brass.. 2k worth. Same with RMR 124gr jacketed hollow points. They came recommended from Sigtalk, and wer echeaper than the other recommended bullet, the Montana Gold. Although I found out that the Speer brass has a smaller flash hole that my hand deprimer would not work with. Luckily the guy that makes the thing sells a pin just for the 357Sig. Side note - Speer says to NOT enlarge the hole. Since I deprime before I clean with SS media, this was important. So this weekend it'll be a growler of beer, the new deprimer pin and 2k of brass work while I get caught up on the walking dead and into the badlands. With luck, I'll be able to get to testing out some loads, but I cannot find AA#9 anywhere in town so my first will most likely be with HS6.

I got my caliber exchange kit and love the 357... dumped all my 40S&W stuff already! Also got a 239 in 357Sig as well.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Jim, wish I could hey you either the 9, but I've only got 1 can on 9, but is for my .357. Got it from my friend. If I find some I'll grab it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I've looked all over at the usual places. I may expand out to the valley and see what I can find. Plus the local distributed you can call direct is out for the holidays so once he gets back maybe I'll get lucky. I still refuse to go to Alaska Ammo, and my luck is he has lots. If you do see any, I'm good for it.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    357 Sig is an awesome cartridge. My first handgun was a Glock 31 (full size 357 Sig). I used to be able to get Winchester 124gr ball for $12/box of 50 back in the day. Now if i can find it for $22/box i've found a deal, if i can find it at all. And i can never find it in bulk. So, i don't shoot it as much as i used to. I still buy 357 Sig barrels for all my 40 S&W guns though. My latest is an HK USP Compact. Shitloads of fun to shoot with the 357 barrel in it. Now that i'm getting into reloading, i'm going to hopefully get to shoot 357 Sig more.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    aaaaaaand feast or famine! I just scored an 8# tub of AA#9!!! let the reloading commence!!!
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    haha, that outta give me a few loads, huh? Lets see... 7000 grains to a pound, so 8# would be 56,000 grains. At roughly 12 grains a load for 357Sig, that gives me 4, 666.666 loaded rounds! That'll last me a year or two Provided I don't find another use for it...
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea you'll have a few rounds for sure. Knowing you I'm sure you'll find another use for it. I usually do

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh, love the smell of burnt powder at the range!
    Got a nice 357Sig load...
    124 Gr. Rocky Mountain Reloading Jacketed Hollow Point
    COL 1.150
    12.6 gr Accurate Powder #9
    Avg FPS 1343

Accurate Powder shows a starting point of 11.7 and a max of 13.0 with a slightly shorter COL (1.140). Chambered fine, stripped next round perfectly, and got a lockback on empty. Accuracy was a half dollar sized goup (maybe tad smaller) at roughly 10 yards. I bet a better shooter would get better results.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are you using for dies?
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ