Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anti walk pin compatibility survey

Gents, I need your opinion please.
    How many of you use anti-walk pins? If an ambi mag catch is incompatible with them (the bar is 0.1455 thick and does not allow the ambi mag catch paddle to be fully depressed), would that matter to you?

I'm going somewhere with this. EMR-A's paddle will not clear the extra 0.1455" protrusion on the receiver without a redesign of the lever, in order to accommodate the thickest section of a KNS anti-walk pin bar.

I used to have them on one of my receivers, but changing triggers (doing tests for selector compatibility) was a pain, so I removed them. I don't run them anymore.

Your thoughts are appreciated
    Last edited by Duffy; 9 December 2015 at 13:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran them one time a while back. Ordered a set when I was building my RA Mod 2 SBR. they didn't work so they ended up throwing them in the parts bin.. The one rifle I had them on now does not...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't use them. Seems like a lot of folks have moved away from them, but it'll be interesting to see what others have to say on the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I don't want to compromise the paddle/lever for it, it will reduce the available surface area for the finger to press on. There isn't enough material to cut a relief underneath the paddle/lever, so I'm leaning towards keeping the design as is, even if it's incompatible with the thickest KNS anti-walk pin bars.

To me, this incompatibility isn't a deal breaker. Of all the ARs I have, only one used to have them, and now not even that AR does. I just don't like the idea of adding a feature, and have to remove another in order for that feature to work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't use them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never use them

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I needed them, because it seems that there is an online epidemic of triggers and hammers flying out of lowers. The fine folks here have convinced me not to install them, and so far, nothing has walked out. So I'll save that cash to try an EMR-A in the future.
    You could always market the EMR-A-AWPC For anti walk pin folks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure you know this already, but stick with me...

There's really no technical reason to use them unless a) your FCG pin holes are out of spec (and you don't want to have them fixed) or b) the springs are installed incorrectly. Also, with all the Geissele fanboys here (not a dig...I've got my fair share), even if you're running a registered lower, a SSF is supposed to be designed to prevent egging the pin holes.

So it seems like you'd be adjusting for a product that's not really all than necessary. But that's just me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gatordev, I'm inclined to agree with you, that they're non-standard. There has been precedents in our design already anyway, for instance, the ABC/R is incompatible with any battery assist device because I didn't think designing the upper paddle around a non-standard device was necessary.

We won't be coming out with anti walk pins, the market has plenty of them for folks that need them

I'm excited to bring out the EMR-A with the newly redesigned paddle. When it's all done, I'll show you what the old design looks like
    Last edited by Duffy; 9 December 2015 at 14:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the pins that come with CMC triggers affect the paddle?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an early CMC that came with the KNS pins. Only set I've ever used. Ambi control function is 100 times more important to me than "fixing" a non issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realized something…how stupid of me haha

While designing and testing the EMR long ago, I saw the average travel of the mag catch before it releases the mag is something like 0.06 or 0.07. The mag would long be dropped before the ambi mag catch’s lever tip comes in contact with the KNS antiwalk pin bars. If the user continues to put pressure on the lever, it’ll bottom out on the bar and rub on it, but it won’t stop it from dropping the mag, so the issue of clearance is really a non-issue after all.

So then both KNS and CMC trigger's screw head may come in contact with the underside of the lever/paddle, but it won't affect it in anyway.
    Last edited by Duffy; 9 December 2015 at 16:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like i'm late to the party, but the only set of anti-walk pins i own were installed to tighten up some slop on a lower with out of spec FCG pins (and that lower now sees next to zero use). Other than that, i don't bother with them.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

Anti walk pin compatibility survey

I was looking around the parts bin and I forgot, we actually do have a set of anti walks. The elftman trigger came with some. I knew there was a reason I wasn't fond of this trigger