This thread is kind of directed at Slippers because....well... he's the man Of course everyone else have at it. I am a blank slate.

As you all know I am about to put together an SBR...

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ild&highlight=

One thing I might want to run on there is a light. Since I have never ran a light on any firearm ever I was wondering if we could go through the different mounts, different lights, the pros and cons of having them mounted and how and were they are mounted...as well as the switching on/off possibilities.

I know it's preference for the most part but I am starting from ground zero. I don't really know my preference.

I will run my rifle with a T2 (or similar) (once I get more money) and some back up irons as well as a vertical grip. I am pretty partial to vertical grips and I don't really like angled grips so much (at least on my other rifle)... I have very minimally tried hand stops or finger stops so little experience there too.

In my mind I want a light that is bright as hell, but light weight. I am also thinking of having a pressure plate ran to my VFG.

Considering I am a COMPLETE noob to lights what are the pros and cons to running it at 1:00 or 3:00 or 6:00 or 9:00 or 11:00 or whatever other o'clock? What are the pros and cons to having a pressure switch like that?

What are other options?

My goal with my gun is to be fast and minimalist for the most part but I think a light would be an ok possibility.