Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: EOTech refunds

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more. If I have a optic that I am told holds zero and it doesn't thats a problem. My carbine can sit in the trunk during summer and may well reach 120 to 140 degrees in the trunk. At night it can swing to the mid 50's.

Now if it is off by a few MOA's and I know it is a problem and I still use it it can be a big problem for me and my agency. Thats just in a day. I can't be expected to rezero every day,

No way in hell I am going to field it if there is that big a problem. Especially if there is an option that is just as good without the same problem.

Now why would I hold on to a liabilty when I can get my money back and reduce my liability.

I thought about keeping it for a plinking gun. But having a backup optic that is identical to the one I filed is pretty nice.
    I think you're misunderstand my post. If you truly are shooting your gun at 120+ degrees after it's been zeroed at 50 degrees, and you expect it to hold zero, then you're a fool. However, if you've zeroed it at ~80 degrees (I'm just picking a median number) and expect it to not shift due to device temperature (ie the optic is over or under heated due to being in your trunk), then I completely understand you being upset.

My point is that those two scenarios are different. The SOCOM note is a bit muddled and doesn't clarify which scenario is happening, according to them. I agree, it assumes it's the latter, but it doesn't come out and say that. That's all I'm getting at. If it is truly the latter, I can COMPLETELY understand the desire to switch out an Eotech for something more consistent.

I think it is pretty decent of L-3 to buy them back without a fuss. After all when I bought mine it was under the pretense that their claims were correct and I wouldn't have to check my zero every day before I hit the streets nor keep it in a temperature controlled environment.

Anyone that buys one after this has no complaint.
    Agree on both counts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check came today, and for a few dollars more than I expected (I guess they overestimate shipping.) It's enough to cover most of a Trijicon MRO, so I can't complain too much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    got my check today, sent on 12/15, got refunded an exps2 and an exps3

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw a post today on another forum which referenced a M4C.net thread about zero change and temp. I didn't have time to follow the original thread, but the bottom line was that the test show a change of temp to the optic (not environment) was significantly affecting POI shift. Definitely a great data point and solidifies the SOCOM message a little more. It would be interesting to see the same test with an Aimpoint, just to see the results.

Regardless, I'll keep my two Eotechs for now, as they're not critical to my safety (at least for now), but it does significantly back Monkeybomb's concerns for those that rely on these things for actual work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    got my refund in the mail yesterday...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arrived at EOTech Dec 28th and refund showed up today. I ended up keeping one of the four, just because. I guess it's time to finally order an MRO and another PRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its been awhile since I posted here...
    my experience with EOTech.
    My Department has pulled every EOTech from our issued Patrol rifles, which is approx 250 units in service throughout the dept.
    I am sending back both of my 512s and have gotten the return authorization approval email this morning.
    both of my units were sent back for repair, $75 each time, in the past. I had one unit fail in a carbine class in 2009, the reticule would shut off when firing, the other 512 had an issue with the brightness settings.

I just have to decide to go PRO, MRO, or another H1. I did order an ACO to try

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shipped mine 12/22, delivered and signed for 12/28. I got the "Received Reviewed and Approved" email on 1/15. Check arrived today (March 18th).
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    EOTech story from The Washington Post. This part was interesting: "According to Allen, SOCOM is evaluating other sights, including a potentially improved version of the EOTech for a long-term replacement for SOCOM’s close-combat sight requirements." I wonder what this "improved version" will be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I invested in Mk 1 eyeballs and point-shooting. For the last few years I've been reading about how point-shooting is not real or effective. Perhaps this will open up the market on it. Cost: FREE!!! If you can catch a baseball in a glove, you can learn to point shoot.
    Sturgill Simpson - You can have the Crown https://youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    Glad I invested in Mk 1 eyeballs and point-shooting. For the last few years I've been reading about how point-shooting is not real or effective. Perhaps this will open up the market on it. Cost: FREE!!! If you can catch a baseball in a glove, you can learn to point shoot.
    So you don't shoot with sights? Those cost money too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So you don't shoot with sights? Those cost money too.
    I just want you to think I'm cool, ok? Is it so wrong to want to be loved, admired, and develop an industry teaching people things they probably don't need to learn and selling products they think do something for them, but probably don't? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    I just want you to think I'm cool, ok? Is it so wrong to want to be loved, admired, and develop an industry teaching people things they probably don't need to learn and selling products they think do something for them, but probably don't? :)
    This post made my head hurt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This post made my head hurt.
    Not my intent. I apologize.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I invested in Mk 1 eyeballs and point-shooting.
    Point shooting is a valid technique in limited circumstances, but can't compare to an optic (holographic or red dot) at distance, with a reduced size target or from less than ideal shooting positions.