Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech refunds

Downloads
    Uploads

EOTech refunds

Looks like L3 is issuing refunds for EOTechs.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/08...weapon-sights/

I wonder if they'll fix the defects in newer models or just cut the price and market them as consumer grade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A dozen guys in my Dept have already been approved for refunds. I've been saying for years EoTechs are garbage. Battery Compartment, Loss of Zero, Mount system sucks, I mean I don't know what people saw in them. Everytime we ran a class, at least 1 EoTech shit the bed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet part of it is since people see MIL guys use it, they think it must be good to go.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been wanting to buy an EXPS2. I'm attracted to the circle-dot reticle and huge FOV. Cut the price point way down and I'd still be interested, but I'll be looking at Aimpoint for my SHTF carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if there is a time-frame cutoff for a refund. The on-line form that is referenced makes no specific mention of a refund. Has anyone seen anything from EOTech (L-3) that has a specific refund amount?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My RMA approval specially said refund for the amount I sent them (on my receipt) and for $15 shipping reimbursement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pity they have these problems. My first optic was a 552 and I really liked it. Aside from poor battery life I thought it was the cat's meow. I still love the reticle ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the Gun Collective they are issuing refunds as gift certificates.

A little over 3 minutes in.
    Last edited by Naytwan; 14 December 2015 at 21:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The belief is the gift certificate is a hoax. I haven't seen any other post stating it is a L3 gift certificate. When my reimbursement arrives I'll post what it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    The belief is the gift certificate is a hoax. I haven't seen any other post stating it is a L3 gift certificate. When my reimbursement arrives I'll post what it is.
    I hope that is true, it would kinda suck if that's what they were doing. I sold my EOTech years ago so I wasn't concerned. Just passing on the news I saw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Confirmed with a buddy at work who called EOTech and already had his refund approved, this is being paid out in American Dollars, not Widget Credits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Naytwan;121052]According to the Gun Collective they are issuing refunds as gift certificates.

Yep, for another EOTURD. Oh the irony...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Confirmed with a buddy at work who called EOTech and already had his refund approved, this is being paid out in American Dollars, not Widget Credits.
    Bwahahaha Funny but true... Glad I sold my only eotech earlier this summer....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Cool, that would suck if they gift cert thing was true. Glad it wasnt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From Solider Systems: http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/17...ce=twitterfeed

Had an interesting conversation with the head of the Liberty St. postal office in Ann Arbor, MI today. That office is responsible for handling all the mail going to EOtech returns in Ann Arbor, MI. I sent my EXPS2-0 in for a refund that was approved and it wasn’t showing as delivered yet, and was supposed to get there on Dec 8.
    Today the guy at that office called me and apologized for not being able to locate it. They believe it was delivered but the carrier forgot to scan it because of the volume of packages being sent there.

Apparently they are getting 2 USPS truck loads a day in volume. Enough that USPS had asked EOtech to send a truck to the USPS office to come get all the packages.

This is for their Returns Dept. There are that many going back there.