Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech refunds

Downloads
    Uploads
    I submitted my request for a refund this morning. I will see how it goes. I was planning on buying an Aimpoint pro next month. I may o ahead and get an M-4 s if they get my refund in a reasonable time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have four. Think I will send in the request and see what they say.

Edit: Submitted (1) RA Form 12/18/2015 @ 13:45 with comments listing four HWS devices with Serial Numbers and Mfg Dates. I asked if I would have to submit a separate RA for each device. I listed "Failure to maintain zero." as the reason. Not sure if I should have said "Return based upon recall." Hope they don't want them back for repair. I will keep this post updated with results.

Edit: 12/21/15 - I received an email request from EOTech on my RA Form - they wanted purchase location and price - receipts if available. I replied stating I did not have receipts, but that I keep Excel sheets on all my builds - includes purchase location and price paid for all parts and accessories. I provided the requested data in that reply.

Edit: 12/22/15 - I received an email from EOTech stating my updated request for refund was received and approved at the pricing I provided (all were less than MSRP). They requested the entire email thread be printed and placed in the box with the optics. I placed the optics in the original factory boxes along with the printout, and shipped all four in a single (Large) USPS Priority Mail box and took it to the Post Office this morning. Now we wait for the refund.

Edit: 12/22/15 - Second edit of the day. I received an email from Customer Service stating they had cleaned up the RA so there would be no confusion on the refund amount. Surprised me. They seem to be on top of this. No idea when the refund will appear.

Edit: 12/28/15 - Package delivered to EOTech at 14:03 Today.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like Jerry, I have four to return (XPS2-0 x2 and 512 x2) and I elected to complete a separate form for each unit. With the upcoming holidays and L3 receiving, I assume, thousands of these, I don't anticipate a speedy turnaround time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping they sell these for marked down prices to recoup some of their loss. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of EXPS 3.2's.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Hoping they sell these for marked down prices to recoup some of their loss. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of EXPS 3.2's.
    I would not be surprised to see them get refurbished, distinctly marked as such (maybe laser engraved?) and sold at a great discount with no warranty support.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I would not be surprised to see them get refurbished, distinctly marked as such (maybe laser engraved?) and sold at a great discount with no warranty support.
    I hope so. If the price is right, I'd be down for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't bother me a bit. The issue was never discovered, despite the depth of expertise using it all these years, I'm positive it won't bother me!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't anticipate a speedy turnaround time.
    The issue was never discovered, despite the depth of expertise using it all these years
    Me either. I hope the funds arrive during an Aimpoint sale somewhere. I never saw the problem. Good friend that puts a lot more rounds downrange a year than I do said he always had to rezero every time he went to the range - regardless of environment or temperature. He had three 512 "AA Battery" series units. Rather than take a chance, I sent mine back.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Wouldn't bother me a bit. The issue was never discovered, despite the depth of expertise using it all these years, I'm positive it won't bother me!
    All the Eocrap issues being brought up now have been known for years. They are garbage and I for one am amazed it took so long for this to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So...will these units get overhauled and the quibbles solved, I wonder?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't find anywhere they have said what will happen. L-3 Communications (parent company) is a 12 to 13 billion dollar multi-national company. This might be a little painful, but not something they can't handle. If they resolve the issue, I think the prudent thing to do would be to "fix" them by refurb and remarket at a lower price-point. Prudent is not always the order of the day for corporations though. I kept my EOTech magnifier (nothing to go wrong with it) and it works great behind the Aimpoint Pro.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    decided to send mine in too.. I like it, but as my eyes age so does my astigmatism - so a good way to swap over to an etched optic.
    Anyone get their refund already?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    USPS tracking confirms it arrived and was signed for today. Now to see how long this takes...

Downloads
    Uploads
    USPS tracking confirms it arrived and was signed for today. Now to see how long this takes...
    yeah, I figure it's a wait and see.. and wait..and wait. Hope I'm wrong.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have read the wait may be 60 to 90 days for non agency returns.