Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I always tend to tell you, you wayyyy over think things. I know tags your nature but a lot of it is not warranted.

Since it's so warm here today(80* and cloudy) I think I'll go shoot my new 8.2" upper on my SBR lower

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    As I always tend to tell you, you wayyyy over think things. I know tags your nature but a lot of it is not warranted.

Since it's so warm here today(80* and cloudy) I think I'll go shoot my new 8.2" upper on my SBR lower
    I hate not knowing and when I don't know I dwell on it...that is unless I don't give a shit about it in which case I just forget about it.

I really am glad you guys are reassuring me. Seriously.

Downloads
    Uploads

Runs like a champ. Had a few minor hiccups to start... working out the minor bugs.

One was that I did not adjust the gas block so I was having to manually charge after each round. After 2 minutes of head scratching I said to myself... 'let me try this'...and now it works just fine.

It is still a little tight. Sometimes the bolt locks back after the last round and it's pretty tight to release.... I imagine little things like that will work itself out as the gun is broken in.

And yes, I shot some federal 55 grain wal mart ammo through it and it works fine. And yes, I did shoot some through the suppressor :) Again no problems to speak of.

I will say this though... I haven't tinkered with the gas system or even zeroed the aimpoint but surprisingly the aimpoint is pretty good. It's on steel although about 8" low at 50 yards. The gas system though, I cranked it all the way to 12... then backed off to 10 and I might back off some more to see where the sweet spot is... with my 16" gun setting 7 is perfect.

Also I moved the AFG back a couple notches because the screw was riding the gas block. I just did the above mock up of the upper for pictures.