Downloads
    Uploads

Stag Arms owner pleads guilty to violations

http://fox61.com/2015/12/22/stag-arm...earms-charges/

Well, this is no good for me as a lefty, nor good for the general industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The number of violations listed are beyond irresponsible. The NFA is not an area anyone can afford to blur the lines. I'm not sure how anyone managing a company could allow it to happen.
    I disagree with the NFA as much as most gun guys, but as long as it's the law, we should take the lesson to tread lightly around it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    The number of violations listed are beyond irresponsible. The NFA is not an area anyone can afford to blur the lines. I'm not sure how anyone managing a company could allow it to happen.
    I disagree with the NFA as much as most gun guys, but as long as it's the law, we should take the lesson to tread lightly around it.
    Agreed. Not the way to run a company. Totally irresponsible, especially in this industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that really stinks, CMT and stag make a lot of the OEM parts other companies use. I'm surprised he got off so lightly. Basically just a little fine and a slap on the wrist, imagine if one of us had been making illegal machine guns and the punishment we would receive..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the company is up for sale I suspect it will still be making guns. It will be under someone else's FFL license.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Since the company is up for sale I suspect it will still be making guns. It will be under someone else's FFL license.
    The owner of my LGS lost his FFL a few years back and all they did was get his wife an FFL and transfer the assets to her name as well as get separate gun safes for their home with their names engraved on each. This situation is a bit more complex since he's got a felony now but I have no doubt you are right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect the elder Malkowski will end up with both Stag and Continental, since he's got a vested interest in keeping the shared manufacturing facility running.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly which CMT is referred to in the article?

EDIT:

Continental Machine Tool....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I just read about this the other day on facebook and I couldn't believe it. How can a major company like this make these major mistakes

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... word on the street is that Stag was/is producing assault rifles for OGA (read: CIA). If that's the case, that would make perfect sense why they are "missing" a few assault rifles. And if that's the case, I'm sure they will be back in business under a different entity in no time.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    ... word on the street is that Stag was/is producing assault rifles for OGA (read: CIA). If that's the case, that would make perfect sense why they are "missing" a few assault rifles. And if that's the case, I'm sure they will be back in business under a different entity in no time.
    It wouldn't be the first time interagency interests collided and a pawn was sacrificed along the way. I ran into Eric Haney (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_L._Haney) randomly at a marina in FL while hanging out with my uncle who is a US Army Colonel (Retired). I heard some crazy ass espionage and war stories that day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Wow that really stinks, CMT and stag make a lot of the OEM parts other companies use. I'm surprised he got off so lightly. Basically just a little fine and a slap on the wrist, imagine if one of us had been making illegal machine guns and the punishment we would receive..
    Yeah Buddy! We had a LGS owner that (rightly so) went to jail for a lot less. Like you said, he (STAG) got a slap on the wrist.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I ran into Eric Haney (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_L._Haney) randomly at a marina in FL while hanging out with my uncle who is a US Army Colonel (Retired). I heard some crazy ass espionage and war stories that day.
    No way! haha Actually reading CSM(R) Haney's book right now.

... you have an interesting choice of friends lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    No way! haha Actually reading CSM(R) Haney's book right now.

... you have an interesting choice of friends lol.
    It was total coincidence running into him there. He'd just sailed back in from the Caribbean and was just chilling on his boat.
    My uncle though... Interesting is a great word for him. He got shot in the head as a LIRP in Nam but managed to convince his CO (as they put him into a plane to fly to a hospital in Manilla) that he was fine and was out fighting again a week later. He lost 100% of his hearing in the left ear.
    But he's crazy that way. He told me the worst thing about Nam was leaving. (And I'm pretty sure he saw Ia Drang first hand so that's saying something)
    He went to flight school after his first tour, stayed in Army til he made Colonel, then worked for Sikorsky selling helicopters abroad for awhile and eventually found himself running Blackwater's operations in Saudi until they got kicked out a couple years back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it was a "coincidence" alright. Jk lol.

Wow, that's crazy. Lots of respect for the LRRP guys. Your uncle got to do some pretty neat stuff in his lifetime for sure.