Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of my Christmas ya'll already know about but here's the recap...

Griffin Armament Revolution 9 Suppressor including tax stamp (of course it's in jail still)
    All the fixings for a 10.5 SBR (details below)
    Griffin Hammer Comp Taper Mount
    SLR 9.7 Solo Lite rail
    10.5 Ballistic Advantage Barrel
    SLR Adjustable Gas Block
    (I had spare RA BCG already)
    Griffin Snach
    CMT lower 1/3 mount
    Aimpoint T2
    CMT UPUR3 Slick side upper
    CMT non ambi lower
    CMC single stage flat 3.5 trigger
    MFT minimalist stock
    BAD selector ambi safety
    Tax stamp included*

Bought my sister a Glock 42
    Bought my dad a Springfield XDS and laser (which was not technically a Christmas present but close enough)

We also tend to have people who don't have anywhere to go over for holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving etc) so I taught my sister and another guest to shoot. Between me, my dad, sister, and our guests we went through about 250 rounds of .380 and about 500 rounds of 9mm.

That was of course after eating a Christmas meal of deep fried turkey... (I love cooking) :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    We also tend to have people who don't have anywhere to go over for holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving etc) so I taught my sister and another guest to shoot. Between me, my dad, sister, and our guests we went through about 250 rounds of .380 and about 500 rounds of 9mm.

That was of course after eating a Christmas meal of deep fried turkey... (I love cooking) :)
    Sounds like a good time! I've gotten to the point where I almost enjoy teaching people how to shoot and taking people hunting for their first time more than I enjoy actually shooting/hunting myself.

Can't wait to see pics of that SBR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Sounds like a good time! I've gotten to the point where I almost enjoy teaching people how to shoot and taking people hunting for their first time more than I enjoy actually shooting/hunting myself.

Can't wait to see pics of that SBR!
    Yes! It's so much fun. Around my home on holidays at least half the people aren't even actually related to me! LOL (But that makes no difference because they are considered family anyway).

My sister has been wanting to carry for a long time and even has a permit but she just never took the time to get a gun... so we gave her no choice :) I think she really likes her little Glock. That's the first Glock I have ever bought (I know I am a heretic)... She was getting pretty decent by the end of the day and knew the basics of range etiquette and basic safety stuff. I was basically being a range officer and would remind her about how to not lose fingers and to not muzzle sweep people LOL! She really was getting decent hits on steel though.

As for the pics... I put together the upper and did a mock up to check the suppressor/rail clearance... I moved the AFG back a notch because that screw was riding on the gas block but other than that....

This is the only pic I have so far....

Griffin Recce 5 on my upper...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted
    Last edited by alamo5000; 27 December 2015 at 08:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Yes! It's so much fun. Around my home on holidays at least half the people aren't even actually related to me! LOL (But that makes no difference because they are considered family anyway).

My sister has been wanting to carry for a long time and even has a permit but she just never took the time to get a gun... so we gave her no choice :) I think she really likes her little Glock. That's the first Glock I have ever bought (I know I am a heretic)... She was getting pretty decent by the end of the day and knew the basics of range etiquette and basic safety stuff. I was basically being a range officer and would remind her about how to not lose fingers and to not muzzle sweep people LOL! She really was getting decent hits on steel though.

As for the pics... I put together the upper and did a mock up to check the suppressor/rail clearance... I moved the AFG back a notch because that screw was riding on the gas block but other than that....

This is the only pic I have so far....

Griffin Recce 5 on my upper...

Teaser pic is better than no pic at all! Looks good though!

My dad bought my mom a Glock 42 a few months ago and she LOVES it. It was also the first Glock either of my parents have owned. Right after she got it they went to the range and she shot 50 rounds, then 3 days later they took their CCL course and she was the best female shooter and my dad was the best male with a perfect score. Rather than celebrate finishing top of the class, my mom instead complained that she should've scored higher lol. I've shot that Glock a few times and it's a little small for my liking but it's a fun gun to shoot. Definitely well-suited as a woman's CCW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Teaser pic is better than no pic at all! Looks good though!

My dad bought my mom a Glock 42 a few months ago and she LOVES it. It was also the first Glock either of my parents have owned. Right after she got it they went to the range and she shot 50 rounds, then 3 days later they took their CCL course and she was the best female shooter and my dad was the best male with a perfect score. Rather than celebrate finishing top of the class, my mom instead complained that she should've scored higher lol. I've shot that Glock a few times and it's a little small for my liking but it's a fun gun to shoot. Definitely well-suited as a woman's CCW.
    Funny thing is she shot my Sig 226 and then got big eyes and said 'next Christmas I want one of THOSE!'.... LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I need a bigger safe...
    Makes two of us lol.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Got a few new guns to the extent it warranted a new one of these:

She's a big'un. Waiting on delivery. (Haha same thing I said right before my son was born. Just joking. Don't tell my wife)

I was at the point of having to take ARs apart and stacking them in my current safe to make room
    Nice! I have to take apart a bunch of my ARs to get things to fit. I just reorganized my safe to make more efficient use of space, but now it's a pain in the ass to access most things.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I got nothing.

You guys should all feel bad for me.
    Hey, I'm not going to feel sorry for you. You pissed Santa off, not me. I'm not going to piss him off too by offering any sympathy to you. For my Santa "coolness" I got a new M&P FS 9mm, which completes my set (I have a .45 and .40 FS already). Got a new gas grill too. So UW, I bet this year you won't be a dick to Santa or you'll get the same thing next year.

FT.
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 December 2015 at 12:23.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Hey, I'm not going to feel sorry for you. You pissed Santa off. I'm not going to piss him off too by offering any sympathy to you.

FT.
    Hey, good to have you back. Once in awhile when I need a throat punch, I know I can count on you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha good to see ya back buddy. Got keep the rift raft in line around here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Haha good to see ya back buddy. Got keep the rift raft in line around here
    Ha.ha.ha..ha... Yeah. Hope you had a great Christmas.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Ha.ha.ha..ha... Yeah. Hope you had a great Christmas.

FT
    Damn glad to see ya! Hope you've been well!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha,..out of the blue comes fort Tom .....lol....hope your good, sounds like Santa was good to ya..

lol..UW ,...i told ya I'd check ya or throat punch ya into line anytime.. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do presents to myself count?