Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buffer suggestions?

I plan on ordering a BCM rifle extension tonight, but I need help picking a buffer and spring. I'm tempted to try the JP silent captured spring but thought I would get y'all to chime in before I make my decision. Also, are all springs made the same? Other than carbine vs. rifle length of course... Are some better than others or are they all pretty much made exactly the same?

Not sure if it matters, but it is for an 18" Noveske with an Intermediate gas system. And I want it to shoot as soft as possible. Right now it shoots like a dream with an H1 buffer.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would probably try a carbine buffer and spring before anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no suggestions. I am in on this one to learn more about buffers and springs... LOL

My dumbass just used what comes in the box with my buffer tubes....

I do know a few people have reported that they LOVE the JP Silent Springs though....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    I would probably try a carbine buffer and spring before anything else.
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I just bought a Luthar MBA and need a rifle buffer/spring. I've had an LMT SOPMOD with a generic buffer assembly for a few years. Just felt like changing things up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Buffer suggestions?

Rifle buffer if it's for a rifle extension and not a carbine extension.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly a standard rifle buffer and spring should be no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sprinco green rifle length spring with a rifle length buffer. They are right around 5.2oz. On 5.56 rifle length gas systems it produces a very soft recoil. Should run well with your gas system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have no suggestions. I am in on this one to learn more about buffers and springs... LOL

My dumbass just used what comes in the box with my buffer tubes....

I do know a few people have reported that they LOVE the JP Silent Springs though....
    Lol I'm the same way, or at least until now. Just figured it was time to search for something better. If I can't find anything else I'll most likely go with the JP as I've also heard good things about it. I also like how you can use the same unit for both carbine and rifle length tubes, and with the JP you don't need the buffer retainer so no more pins flying across the room lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Springco green spring, or a Tubb CS flatwire. The softest shooter I ever built used a Tubb Flatwire.

Haven't tried a JP Silent Captured.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    SpringCo have worked well for me. Haven't tried Tubb's or JP Silent, but plan on getting a JP Silent Captured spring for one of the next builds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    SpringCo have worked well for me. Haven't tried Tubb's or JP Silent, but plan on getting a JP Silent Captured spring for one of the next builds.
    If you, (or the OP, or anyone else) gets a JP, I'd be interested in an assessment.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    If you, (or the OP, or anyone else) gets a JP, I'd be interested in an assessment.
    Will do. Might be a couple months out on my end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 sets in AR15 pattern weapons and one in a AR10. Not worth the money unless shooting suppressed subs. Only difference is lack of spring noise. And a huge loss in the ability to fine tune the buffer system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto on the JP. I got one just for grins and it works fine, but I would not trust it in a defense gun. And I don't care for the spacer in a rifle length.
    Sprinco for everything if the wallet allows.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the help guys. I will be ordering a spring today either from Sprinco or Tubb. Just to clarify, are y'all saying just to get a standard 5.2 oz rifle buffer? I don't mind spending a little more money for a better buffer if there is one.