Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Black hawk Arc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    For OWB, I love my Off the Grid Concepts Sidewinder:

Thanks. For IWB I have a N82 Tactical that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only stupid people shoot themselves carrying AIWB.

Some of these holster recommendations are quite comical. If you are serious about concealed carry I suggest you take a FOF class. Deficiencies in gear like holsters, carry position/method, and overall skill will be glaringly obvious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't overthink it.

http://www.shop.multiholsters.com/St...r-STANDIWB.htm

I like an easy-off design since I don't carry in the house. For me, a simple IWB kydex holster does the trick. No need to get fancy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I like it, but I have reservations about appendix carry thanks to videos of guys with glocks shooting themselves in the leg, hence "Glock Leg". My fear with appendix carry is glock dick! :D I suppose that goes away with time and putting complete faith in the safety system, but the methods I've used, I haven't had to. I guess I just need to jump out the plane, so-to-speak, a few times to get used to it!
    I carry the Cook's holster either at the 3 o'clock or in the small of my back (~ 5 o'clock).

I also have a Crossbreed QwikClip for a G19 that works reasonably well for the 5 o'clock but I think overall I prefer simple kydex that I can reposition to the 3 o'clock when desired. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...p/Default.aspx

Rigid is what matters most to me, so Kydex or plastic. Leather can add some comfort when it sits between steel and skin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Please stahp with the leather and hybrids....

JM custom makes a great aiwb holster.

Anyone can make a solid iwb strong side holster.

Neoprene wedges are going to be the next big "holster accessory"
    As someone who doesn't appendix carry, what's the benefit of the wedge?

I started carrying using a Galco summer comfort holster but about five years ago, I went with a locally made IWB hybrid holster like Alamo posted. It's got clips instead of button snaps which I really prefer, and didn't seem available with the JM holster. The horse hide also doesn't absorb sweat like cowhide and adds a moisture barrier between the pistol and sweat derived from a southern summer. The added width of the hybrid also disperses the weight of a full size around the waist very well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I carry a subcompact Glock at the 4 o'clock(ish) position. For quick trips to town, I use a holster like the one Moxy linked. For all day wear, I like the Crossbreed style holsters. The crossbreed can't be beat for comfort, but they do take a bit longer to take on/off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    As someone who doesn't appendix carry, what's the benefit of the wedge?

I started carrying using a Galco summer comfort holster but about five years ago, I went with a locally made IWB hybrid holster like Alamo posted. It's got clips instead of button snaps which I really prefer, and didn't seem available with the JM holster. The horse hide also doesn't absorb sweat like cowhide and adds a moisture barrier between the pistol and sweat derived from a southern summer. The added width of the hybrid also disperses the weight of a full size around the waist very well.
    Wedge pushes gun against you while pointing barrel away, it creates a pocket for a master grip and is slightly more comfortable than others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally I carry OWB with an M&P, and let my shirt hang over it. Oklahoma has open carry, so I don't worry about things too much. For my smaller carry gun (Sig P238), I use a DeSantis Nemesis. Fits in my pocket and looks like large a wallet. Great for quick trips to the store when I don't want to hassle with a belt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My preference has a premium on comfort. If it's not comfortable to carry odds are it won't get carried. That includes not only the weapon but also the holster as well.

I also prefer secure holsters (as in being attached to a belt or something). I don't mind it being a pain in the ass to get off because when I do get to carry I carry all day long. (I can't carry at work but the minute I'm out the door, it's on)

There is A LOT to be said for holsters that are easy to get on and off... or easier to get on and off... I have toyed with the idea of having a single clip type but they don't seem to be as comfortable. The entire pressure of the gun is pushing on one spot whereas the one I posted earlier distributes that out more.

I seriously have a box of holsters but my holster options are still open.

I am still thinking about trying this one for my sig 938... outside the waist but still very comfortable...and really concealable...it will hug right up against your body and will stay put.

I have never tried any kind of drop leg holster but the concept seems interesting. Since open carry will be legal in about 2 days from now who knows. I am not so keen to buy stuff just to see if I like it. I don't plan to open carry anyway...but I don't know if those are comfortable or not for open carrying while say running around the property or whatever.

I am still open to all kinds things but the one I use now does it's job and it's comfortable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be prepared to toss the leather when it is worn out and no longer rigid where it needs to be. People frequently hold on to them too long and then they become a liability. There is a picture floating around on the interwebs of Glock that discharged when the well worn leather folded inside the trigger guard which led to a ND and a hole in the owner's leg.

And drop leg holsters are only called for if you can't wear the holster on your belt (e.g., you are carrying a backpack w/ hip belt, wearing a rappelling harness, body armor gets in the way, etc.). Airsoft guys and mall ninjas wear drop legs because they think it's cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Just be prepared to toss the leather when it is worn out and no longer rigid where it needs to be. People frequently hold on to them too long and then they become a liability. There is a picture floating around on the interwebs of Glock that discharged when the well worn leather folded inside the trigger guard which led to a ND and a hole in the owner's leg.

And drop leg holsters are only called for if you can't wear the holster on your belt (e.g., you are carrying a backpack w/ hip belt, wearing a rappelling harness, body armor gets in the way, etc.). Airsoft guys and mall ninjas wear drop legs because they think it's cool.
    I am also thinking one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kydex-Tactic...FVnY5TTfT_bmgQ

Hell man, I don't know. I am just throwing money away when I buy all these holsters that I never use. I would kind of like to try before I buy to see if the thing rides high or low or how comfortable it is...

That said the one I have now works just fine. I am just open for new things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

Hell man, I don't know. I am just throwing money away when I buy all these holsters that I never use. I would kind of like to try before I buy to see if the thing rides high or low or how comfortable it is...

That said the one I have now works just fine. I am just open for new things.
    I would suggest not doing that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I would suggest not doing that
    One of the upsides to the internet is you can see all kinds of cool stuff. The downside is you can't pick it up and see it and handle it first. You have to buy to test.

In the end getting yet another holster is not high on my list of things I need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still a fan of the Blade-Tech Eclipse for most OWB concealment applications where a retention device isn't called for.