Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As long as I can afford you.

That was the plan, send the frame out before anything gets done. I'm encouraged to see you say that the frame is very easy to finish.
    That's my idea. Have it "fixed" before I mill it. Man that looks good. Guess im buying one for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As long as I can afford you.

That was the plan, send the frame out before anything gets done. I'm encouraged to see you say that the frame is very easy to finish.
    Oh, I'll make sure you can afford me. You've done enough for me and the rest of this community to warrant some discounts.

As for finishing the frame, the only tools I used were a dremel with a small sanding drum, and a 1/4" cutter, a set of needle files from Harbor Freight, and the drill bits that came with the kit.

Actual milling time was maybe 3 hours plus some ongoing fitment. I'm sure it will take me less time to do the next frame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have multiple colors now but damn the lead time is steep. Any idea when Rainier expects these back in stock?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    They have multiple colors now but damn the lead time is steep. Any idea when Rainier expects these back in stock?
    LOL... this is what I get for dragging my feet going to Rainier. I didn't think they'd go out of stock anytime soon. I'll have to ask next time I'm there. I'm sure they are already on reorder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL Even the manufacturer is stating 3 weeks from order date. I don't like to see a fixed lead time like that. It's like they are being produced based on orders.

Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer 80 Spectre Glock Compatible Frame

Polymer80 is a pretty tiny company. I'm not at all surprised that it's taking them a bit to get product to market. They'd do well to find a way to speed up production, but they've been this way for awhile.

I just saw on TFB that they are also working on a G19 frame and the WIP 3D model looks very promising.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...in-new-colors/

It looks like the designers actually paid attention to the aftermarket customization and are including features like a mag release bevel and undercuts. The only feature I see that I don't really like is the 45 degree agency style "gas pedal" on the forward index points.

I'd also be happy if they leave it textureless. It would make my job easier.

However, I don't expect them to get a mold built and the G19 frame finished and to market before the end of the first quarter in 2017.
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 29 July 2016 at 07:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BC, what additional changes did you have in mind from what you've already done?

I just picked up one of these today, and it definitely needs the Battle Cock treatment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha_Arms View Post
    BC, what additional changes did you have in mind from what you've already done?

I just picked up one of these today, and it definitely needs the Battle Cock treatment.
    I'll give you a rundown of all the features I've got on this frame, and some other feature ideas.
    keep in mind, all these shots are of a mostly complete frame, I still have some finish work to do on it.
    There are a couple mods I see as essentials on the PF940 so I'll start with them.

Glove Bevel With Interior Trigger Guard Polish:
    P80 PF940 by Battle Cock, on Flickr

The stock frame has a very sharp edge along the top of the trigger guard that is uncomfortable and hinders smooth trigger control. The glove bevel solves both those issues.
    Also pictured above is the Mag Release Bevel. I like mag release bevels because you get all the benefits of an extended mag release with none of the added snag risk.

Beavertail Contour:

The original beavertail is nothing short of obnoxious and uncomfortable. This one is going to get a little more refinement, but as is, this mod alone completely transforms the overall feel and comfort level of the frame.

As you can see, this frame is relatively squared. I personally prefer the squared backstrap for increased recoil control, but the sidewalls in the upper portion of the backstrap are almost 1/4" thick, so if thats an area of discomfort, there is certainly room to work.

Aside from a texture package, the last thing i see as a real essential is a Magwell Reduction.

The magwell might be fine for competition use, but its too oversized for much else. The magwell side cuts are a preference thing, but the back and bottom need some weight loss and contouring to reduce bulk and printing if carried. The interior of the magwell requires contouring after removal of the material.

Other features shown in the pictures include:
    Complete texture removal prior to stippling. - This reduces the grip to a much more comfortable size.
    HK Style Trigger Guard Contour: This involves removal of the sharp edge on the sides of the trigger guard, resulting in a wider surface at the rear portion above the middle finger.
    Secondary Trigger Guard Undercut: Can be textured or polished.
    Recessed Forward Index points: (Unfinished in the pictures)
    Squared Edge Removal on the front portion of the accessory rail: Removing material from the front of the rail to convert the corners from a 90 degree angle to a 45 degree angle. (note: this is on the rail itself. The more noticeable angle on the sides of the frame comes standard.)

A primary trigger undercut really isn't necessary, as this is a full size frame with no finger grooves. Unless you've got the hands of a football player you wont need more space on the grip.

I am particularly interested to try rounding off the upper portion of the backstrap below the beavertail as I mentioned above, and I'm also looking to find a way to incorporate finger grooves into the design for the people who are into that.
    I may also contour future beavertails higher and sharper to allow for a higher grip to simulate lower bore axis. but that will probably have to be combined with a primary trigger guard undercut and maybe finger grooves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Additionally, I intend to pick up another Surefire X300u and contour the front of the trigger guard to allow the light to mount further back on the rail and integrate more fully into the overall package. That'll wait until last though, I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The frame is definitely not light friendly. The X300u and TLR-2 both fit pretty poorly. Contouring the front of the trigger guard to move them back a bit would a great mod.

I'll shoot you an email.