Uploads
    Ready to see what you can do with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Ready to see what you can do with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It REALLY needs grip enhancement. I'm not sure (even this early) that I would recommend this kit to someone with no plans to stipple. It's pretty dang slippery and the grip angle exacerbates the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance of comparison shots with Glock frames?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a full size Glock model to compare, but here's a G19 next to it.

I noticed what appeared to be a defect on the top of the wall separating the magwell and the trigger housing. It isn't in a place that would cause a malfunction, but it's not pretty so I called polymer80 and Mike said that while they have heard a lot of questions about it, it's just a product of the injection molding process and should have no effect on function. I'll take him at his word.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I am a huge fan of 80% receivers and realize this frame can be stippled, that thing is hideous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    While I am a huge fan of 80% receivers and realize this frame can be stippled, that thing is hideous.
    The Glock is ugly, the Lone Wolf uglier, this thing is hideous. If your gonna make a repro at least make it look as good

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is absolutely fuggly. But it won't even look like the same frame when I am done with it.
    I will be almost entirely re-profiling it once I mill it and it will either get the fishnet treatment or it will wear a new texture pattern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pix. Looking forward to future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I don't have a full size Glock model to compare, but here's a G19 next to it.

I noticed what appeared to be a defect on the top of the wall separating the magwell and the trigger housing. It isn't in a place that would cause a malfunction, but it's not pretty so I called polymer80 and Mike said that while they have heard a lot of questions about it, it's just a product of the injection molding process and should have no effect on function. I'll take him at his word.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Battle, did you ever finish this guy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    Hey Battle, did you ever finish this guy?
    I've finished 95% of the grip work and all of the machining. I had them send me another locking block because the one that came with the kit was improperly drilled.

I've taken pictures at many stages of machining and I plan to sit down and write a post about it when I have some time.

It was incredibly easy to machine though. It can be done cleanly and quickly with only a dremel and a set of hand files.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. Thinking of getting one but that grip looks terrible. Looking forward to seeing the final product you created.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    Very nice. Thinking of getting one but that grip looks terrible. Looking forward to seeing the final product you created.
    Here's a recent shot of it. I've made a couple changes and I'm still planning on a couple more, but it's a totally different gun at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a recent shot of it. I've made a couple changes and I'm still planning on a couple more, but it's a totally different gun at this point.

Well done.

I plan to pick one of those frames up this next week or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well done.

I plan to pick one of those frames up this next week or so.
    My frame work doesn't interfere with the jig at all, so if you do want some of my grip work before I get an FFL, that's the way to do it. I'll also write a post soon about the methods I used to complete this frame, and pictures of the process. It is stupid easy. I'm probably going to call P80 and see if I can buy a couple more frames sans the tools and jigs since I can reuse the jig and I don't need more tools. The only tools in the kit I actually used were the drill bits for the pin holes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My frame work doesn't interfere with the jig at all, so if you do want some of my grip work before I get an FFL, that's the way to do it. I'll also write a post soon about the methods I used to complete this frame, and pictures of the process. It is stupid easy. I'm probably going to call P80 and see if I can buy a couple more frames sans the tools and jigs since I can reuse the jig and I don't need more tools. The only tools in the kit I actually used were the drill bits for the pin holes.
    As long as I can afford you.

That was the plan, send the frame out before anything gets done. I'm encouraged to see you say that the frame is very easy to finish.