Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm wondering what kind of backlash we're going to see going forward here. I know having to do fingerprint cards/photos is going to be a pain, so sales for Suppressor/SBR/AOW manufacturers are going to take a hit in the bottom line. I know a lot of guys who want to get into the NFA game, but are already like fuck it, the trust part is too difficult apparently for them. Anyhow, go forth and buy buy buy!
    Apparently as I read the above quote they did away with CLEO signatures, but are requiring fingerprints and all that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I want to know, if my current e-file form 1 gets denied for an error, do I get to re-do without the new measures affecting me?
    Last edited by tappedandtagged; 4 January 2016 at 21:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read all 248 pages yet, but this quote is in the Executive Summary:

To lessen potential compliance burdens for the public and law enforcement, DOJ has revised the final rule to eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by a chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) and instead require CLEO notification.
    That will certainly lessen the blow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomorrow is going to be an expensive day

Downloads
    Uploads
    So do the grantors and the Trustees all have to get LEO approval for each Form?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    If you read above, they apparently did away with CLEO signatures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be an expensive day
    My Christmas was expensive as hell. Now I am glad I spent the money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That will certainly lessen the blow.
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. I referred to that earlier in the thread.

I would hope that Congress would get it's head out of it's ass and take SBRs and Suppressors off the NFA list entirely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    You just need to get fingerprints and photos of all the members of your trust. How convenient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so read the God Damn thing..... So now Trust will need Photos, and fingerprints submitted to the BATF, as well as a notification form to LEO........ The ATF is a joke, and so is this President.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You just need to get fingerprints and photos of all the members of your trust. How convenient.
    She will just love that ! hahaha. Now I am more fucked and not by the Government. "Honey I want a new SBR.......SAY CHEESE, and rol your finger in this ink pad please"

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they took all this stuff OFF the NFA list from the get go you 1) get a background check on every single item when it is purchased 2) do away with the months long wait and tax stamp bullshit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I was SilencerShop or any other large suppressor whole saler I would be cranking out the Flyer for a suppressor sale starting tomorrow. I imagine quite a few folks (including myself) will be trying to get those last minute cans they've been wanting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If I was SilencerShop or any other large suppressor whole saler I would be cranking out the Flyer for a suppressor sale starting tomorrow. I imagine quite a few folks (including myself) will be trying to get those last minute cans they've been wanting
    I don't think they'll have to put on a sale, I think it's going to be a NFA panic the next 6 months. Gotta love this administration! Continuously punishing law abiding citizens who pay additional taxes to boot!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What page defines "responsible person?" Is there any way to avoid having to get all 6 of us on my Trust printed/photoed every time "I" want to buy a new item? I'm just glad I never got around to putting my sister on it, since she lives out of state.