Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    What page defines "responsible person?" Is there any way to avoid having to get all 6 of us on my Trust printed/photoed every time "I" want to buy a new item? I'm just glad I never got around to putting my sister on it, since she lives out of state.
    If this stands for the long term just buy it under your name and be done with it. One set of prints and that's it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If this stands for the long term just buy it under your name and be done with it. One set of prints and that's it.
    Unless he needs CEO approval......which he will need as an individual.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    Unless he needs CEO approval......which he will need as an individual.
    Dude. Are you not reading?

There are three or four references above stating that they are doing away with CLEO signatures/approvals.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are three or four references above stating that they are doing away with CLEO signatures/approvals.
    Yeah, I thought we were talking Trusts chief....sorry to ruffle your panties "dude"... it seems to like totally like bother you and stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/

It will not take effect until 180 days after publication in the Federal Registry so there is still time to purchase items under the existing rules.

I may be wrong but I think this can be appealed.

Downloads
    Uploads

For filing as an individual, they are not going away from a CLEO signoff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, ATFonline is all borked up. This is what happens when you lollygag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So my head hurts and want a few nfa items..so filing as a individual or with a trust is there any benefits to either? Or one better, I'm assuming a trust is a good idea.

I inquired last summer and our local sheriff would sign it, that was my local PD as I'm unincorporated if it means anything.

So 180 days and then?

But I still need a winning lottery ticket, wish dealers would do payments.. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a form 1 earlier today without a problem. Tonight, no go after 90 minutes if trying. Will try another form 1 again tomorrow.

I'm sure there are other scenarios, but the only indee de where one can get an NFA item without background check would be acquiring a firearm through private sale and then form 1 as a trust/Corp. Is this the only situation the president is referring to? All my form 1s originated through FFL purchases with BG check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so can someone help out this simpleton?

I was (and still am) planning on getting a Trust this month. I was planning on taking my time to pick up a Griffin Optimus, now I guess I need to light a fire under my ass a little.

SO, lets just say I get my trust at the end of the month. I'll then have nearly five months to get the suppressor and file before this takes affect.

IF I miss this window and I purchase AFTER this date, I will also need to notify CLEO?'
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Okay, so can someone help out this simpleton?

I was (and still am) planning on getting a Trust this month. I was planning on taking my time to pick up a Griffin Optimus, now I guess I need to light a fire under my ass a little.

SO, lets just say I get my trust at the end of the month. I'll then have nearly five months to get the suppressor and file before this takes affect.

IF I miss this window and I purchase AFTER this date, I will also need to notify CLEO?'
    From what I gather (and I am probably wrong) if you file as a trust each person on the trust will be required to provide finger prints and photos submitted with each form for each purchase. No CLEO signature required but you will have to notify him of the filing.

If you file as a individual it's the same as before. Some of the language in the documents I read are misleading. In some places it says no CLEO signature and others here say you still need CLEO signature. You will have to do finger prints and photos in either case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I gather (and I am probably wrong) if you file as a trust each person on the trust will be required to provide finger prints and photos submitted with each form for each purchase. No CLEO signature required but you will have to notify him of the filing.

If you file as a individual it's the same as before. Some of the language in the documents I read are misleading. In some places it says no CLEO signature and others here say you still need CLEO signature. You will have to do finger prints and photos in either case.
    That's what I was gathering except, fingerprint and photo per person PER FILE? I was thinking per trust. EVERY file? How retarded.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    That's what I was gathering except, fingerprint and photo per person PER FILE? I was thinking per trust. EVERY file? How retarded.
    Don't quote me on that because I don't know for sure, but that's what it sounds like.

Of course they just announced on TV legal challenges to this 'executive action' so who knows what will ultimately happen.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^Awesome, informative link. Thanks for finding that.

https://nlolegal.wordpress.com/2016/...erly-rule-41p/ Although certainly not confirmed, the wording of the rule appears to raise a question as to the ability to appoint a Special Trustee who may have authority to possess/transport an NFA weapon, but not the power to direct the management and policies of the trust. This may be a potential avenue to add someone to a trust without having them considered a “Responsible Person” under the new rule. Meaning, this could potentially be a way to exempt trustees from the new requirements. This does not appear to be the intent of the ATF in drafting the rule, but the wording of the rule certainly raises the question. We will update this post once we receive confirmation from the ATF regarding this issue.
    Seems to me having a trust set up with a "special trustee" would be counter productive. A "responsible person" is considered anyone who may possess your NFA, so if you have Trustees who, by the language of your Trust, can't posess the item, then why have them on the Trust?

The whole reason I put the members I did on my Trust is so they can use/possess my NFA items. I see no other reason to put someone on my Trust. Am I missing something?