Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    ^Awesome, informative link. Thanks for finding that.

Seems to me having a trust set up with a "special trustee" would be counter productive. A "responsible person" is considered anyone who may possess your NFA, so if you have Trustees who, by the language of your Trust, can't posess the item, then why have them on the Trust?

The whole reason I put the members I did on my Trust is so they can use/possess my NFA items. I see no other reason to put someone on my Trust. Am I missing something?
    I have my young children on our trust, but I wouldn't want them in possession of our NFA items until their of age. But if something happened to my wife and I, id want the items to go to them. We have all our firearms on the trust, not just the NFA items

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have a copy of ATF 41P Final Rule and tried to place it in the downloads section, but it is too large to upload - 248 pages. Not sure if my copy of 41P Final Rule has the same content as 41F - the signed document.

But your link has explanations on sections that are very informative.

Ordered a Rainier Arms Billet Ambi lower this morning. I will be submitting a Form 1 on it as soon as I have a serial number. With what I have in process currently, this will probably be my last NFA item (for awhile )
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I have my young children on our trust, but I wouldn't want them in possession of our NFA items until their of age. But if something happened to my wife and I, id want the items to go to them. We have all our firearms on the trust, not just the NFA items
    Copied from the link UW provided:

Under this broad definition this would mean a “Responsible Person” is anyone authorized by the trust to currently possess your NFA weapons. This would mean any Trustors or Trustees. It does not, however, necessarily include beneficiaries on your trust.
    If your children are listed as beneficiaries, they may not be affected. I have two "Co-Trustees" on mine that would be included in the new reg.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something to keep in mind about the 41P especially, but the whole issue today was that it's an "Executive Action," and not an "Order." So any and everything can be very quickly countered by either Congressional action or the courts. Probably the biggest annoyance on all of this is that they included 41P into all the other nonsense, but again, it's just a "keep working on what you've already been working on and you're still bound by procedural rules."

All that said, I've been eyeing getting a full-sized 7.62 can for a while and ended up grabbing one off of Silencer Shop today, just because I figured everyone else would freak out. When I called, the guy I talked to (Jarrott) said it was pandemonium. Good thing we don't panic, as a species, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I can see that use. I purposefully left my kids off, for the time being anyway. But they aren't even school age. One wasn't even a thought when I made the Trust.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything about this makes my head hurt. But the fact that there are people who are stupid enough to believe that any of this shit will actually prevent, or even reduce, crimes committed with or involving firearms just blows my fucking mind. God help us all.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 5 January 2016 at 19:08.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stopped by a local shop and the guy said it was NUTS. They weren't even answering the phone as they had people stacked 4 deep for each employee at the counter. I can only imagine what it's like at Silencer Shop and other NFA dealers.

That said... my 2 Aero 'Pew' and the 'Battle Kitty' lower I won are all getting the Form 1 treatment... screw it. May even get a dedicated 9mm can. Will it get overturned in courts or by the next Prez? Hopefully so, but I operate on the 'Worst Case Scenario' theory... not 'panic mode' mind you, but WCS purchases planned over time. I have 180 days to scheme and drool.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder what the flood of new people buying stuff will do to wait times? Will they take longer or will they hurry up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I wonder what the flood of new people buying stuff will do to wait times? Will they take longer or will they hurry up?
    It will certainly extend wait times, just like back in 2012-13. But I have a feeling this is much ado about little and a lot of this, in the long run will end up not influencing much or just go away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my guess is initially slow everything down. But I thought I saw something about 200 new ATF employees? What are the chances they will be NFA branch ones? That would be awesome
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It will certainly extend wait times, just like back in 2012-13. But I have a feeling this is much ado about little and a lot of this, in the long run will end up not influencing much or just go away.
    Especially if we win the election. Think about it...180 days until implementation assuming no challenges, legal or congressional or otherwise....so if it goes on without any challenge whatsoever it will be in place no more than six months before a new President is seated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    my guess is initially slow everything down. But I thought I saw something about 200 new ATF employees? What are the chances they will be NFA branch ones? That would be awesome
    I think those 200 new agents will be on internet forums recording serial numbers and user ids.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I think those 200 new agents will be on internet forums recording serial numbers and user ids.

Um, yeah... mine all sank with my boat this coming April
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't think I was getting a .45 can this year. Looks like I will be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post

Um, yeah... mine all sank with my boat this coming April
    Funny mine too; I don't even have a boat.

... good thing I turn 21 in June, I guess.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram