Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Funny mine too; I don't even have a boat.

... good thing I turn 21 in June, I guess.
    hey, that gives me a great idea. Lets have the 1st Annual WEVO 'I lost My Guns' fishing trip. Everybody come up to AK to visit, and 'bring all your guns' (wink wink nudge nudge). We'll take my boat out, do some fishing, shooting and other shenanigans. In the process of doing so, all our guns will become 'lost overboard'. We can all swear as to each others 'loss'. Who's in?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    hey, that gives me a great idea. Lets have the 1st Annual WEVO 'I lost My Guns' fishing trip. Everybody come up to AK to visit, and 'bring all your guns' (wink wink nudge nudge). We'll take my boat out, do some fishing, shooting and other shenanigans. In the process of doing so, all our guns will become 'lost overboard'. We can all swear as to each others 'loss'. Who's in?
    I'm down for a fishing trip in AK but unfortunately all my guns were crushed by the 200 year old oak that cut my house in half back on 02. (even my Battle Kitty build...) Just gone. Smashed beyond any evidence of existence. So no shooting on that trip for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I'm in, if I get any guns to replace all the guns I just lost to the depths of the Puget Sound. Rouge wave hit my buddy's boat. My entire collection, gone. Was lucky to escape with my life.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    All joking aside, I have been to a house fire site where the owner pointed to a blackened part of the concrete slab and said,"That's what's left of my Remington 700."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    All joking aside, I have been to a house fire site where the owner pointed to a blackened part of the concrete slab and said,"That's what's left of my Remington 700."
    We just had a house fire here last month where when we started doing salvage/overhaul we started finding guns EVERYWHERE. Like, between the studs behind the sheet rock kind of everywhere! Dude was a prepper in an old home that was remodeled, and the theme was guns everywhere. Literally. Even grenades, which at the time caused us to stop operations until we were informed they were inert training 'nades. Still, for a bunch of knuckle dragging firemen, it was quite the shock to see them come rolling out of a closet!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    We had a fire at an un-organized militia whacko's house years ago. Rounds cooked off for hours. So did the rest of the house.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just received the below email from SilencerCo...

"After reviewing the almost ten thousand comments from loyal Second Amendment supporters such as yourself, the ATF came back with answers to those comments and a ruling on 41P. The ruling weighs in at 248 pages. In the interest of providing you with the information you need without having to spend hours reading it yourself, we have provided a summary below:

• We will not see any changes take effect until 180 days after the official ruling has been published in the Federal Register. The ruling has not been published at this point.

• This ruling is not retroactive and will not apply to applications that are in pending status, or to previously approved applications for existing legal entities and trusts holding NFA items. Anything that is in process before the effective date will be grandfathered under the current rules (Page 198).

• Once the final ruling goes into effect, the CLEO certification rule will change to simply CLEO notification for all silencer purchases - whether through a trust, LLC, or as an individual.

• Once the ruling goes into effect, the responsible persons in a trust or LLC must have a background check completed which will require fingerprinting and photographs, much like when an individual purchases a silencer today.

• The ruling provides a clear answer in regards to what happens when a person or entity that owns a trust dies. The person who is authorized to dispose of the property of an estate may possess a firearm or other item (such as a silencer) that is registered to a decedent during the term of probate without such possession being treated as a transfer under the NFA. Also, any transfer of the NFA item to any beneficiary of the estate is tax exempt.

Bottom line: Once this ruling is officially published, things will continue as they are for 180 days - so don’t wait any longer to get your trust and silencer(s) - paperwork in process at the end of the 180 days will be grandfathered.

As always, we will keep you up-to-date with any new information as soon as it becomes available to us.

2015 was the best year ever for SilencerCo, and we look forward to continuing to lead the silencer market."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    • Once the final ruling goes into effect, the CLEO certification rule will change to simply CLEO notification for all silencer purchases - whether through a trust, LLC, or as an individual.
    That's what I originally thought too, but I guess we will find out for sure eventually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appears this was published today. Interwebs says it'll go into effect July 13, 2016

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting for 3 cans on Form 3's to RA. I'm sure with the log jam, it's gonna be awhile until I can file a Form 4 on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm waiting for 3 cans on Form 3's to RA. I'm sure with the log jam, it's gonna be awhile until I can file a Form 4 on them.
    I just had a form 3 clear in 41 days from when I bought the stuff to when it shipped.

Now though who knows how long it will be. I'm wondering if they are going to put people on overtime to catch up...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting on a Form-4 762-SD that should get out of jail sometime in February. I Form-1 eFiled Battle Kitty on December 22, and another Rainier Billet UM Lower should arrive at my dealer on Monday. If so, I will Form-1 eFile it next Tuesday. All done via Trust. That's gonna have to do me for awhile.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ident has my lower (BTW, fantastic customer service), and I hope to have it back in a month. Then it's form 1 time. In the interim, I guess I have 180 days to decide on an Osprey or Hybrid for a .45 ACP can, then find one in stock. Do you think there'll be a lull in 2 months, or because it seems that NFA patrons are more in tune with the times, it will just keep ramping up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This sucks, I hope I'll be back home in time before the deadline to at least get stuff started ...
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    This sucks, I hope I'll be back home in time before the deadline to at least get stuff started ...
    You know, it's an extra step, but fingerprint cards and photos are not deal breakers. At least now you don't need a trust.