Thread: Pistol Upper

Downloads
    Uploads

Pistol Upper

So I need some opinions......

I'm building an AR pistol. It will be my second pistol build. The first was a 300 blackout that's been awesome. For the next pistol, I'm trying to determine if I should build in .223 Wylde or 5.56. Barrel length will be 7.5". The upper is being built for a lower that I built last year with some left over parts and now I want to finish it.

I will not be using a sig brace on this build. I have that for the .300 and have not been pleased with the bulk. It seems like a KAK tube with a shockwave brace is the way to go for me. It's a bit more compact and I think I'll be pleased with that.

So, the purpose of this post is to get opinions from the WEVO crew on 7.5" barrels as well as opinions on .223 Wyle vs. .223, or 5.56.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pistol Upper

I'd go with a Ballistic Advantage 7.5" 5.56 barrel. Not that you can't get accuracy out of a 7.5" barrel but I'm sure this is more of a plinker/range toy than anything. No need to spend the extra cash on a tighter chamber (.223 Wylde) when accuracy benefits will be minimal IMO...

Ballistic Advantage still had their holiday sale going on. Only $114 for this barrel.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/7-5-in...rn-barrel.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'd go with a Ballistic Advantage 7.5" 5.56 barrel. Not that you can't get accuracy out of a 7.5" barrel but I'm sure this is more of a plinker/range toy than anything. No need to spend the extra cash on a tighter chamber (.223 Wylde) when accuracy benefits will be minimal IMO...

Ballistic Advantage still had their holiday sale going on. Only $114 for this barrel.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/7-5-in...rn-barrel.html

You are right, this will be primarily a plinker / range toy / truck pistol. I was looking at the barrel you linked as well as one from ground zero.

http://www.groundzeroprecision.com/c...ant=5511961345

I don't want to break the bank on this build. I have upgrades I want to do on other uppers where accuracy will be important.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by P39 View Post
    You are right, this will be primarily a plinker / range toy / truck pistol. I was looking at the barrel you linked as well as one from ground zero.

I don't want to break the bank on this build. I have upgrades I want to do on other uppers where accuracy will be important.
    I have no experience or heard anything about ground zero but for no more than it cost i'd spend the extra $24 and get a barrel that will be great barrel and id also bet to say the accuracy would impress you with the BA barrel. Not saying GZ is a bad barrel I just like site sponsors and names I know and have heard of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I have no experience or heard anything about ground zero but for no more than it cost i'd spend the extra $24 and get a barrel that will be great barrel and id also bet to say the accuracy would impress you with the BA barrel. Not saying GZ is a bad barrel I just like site sponsors and names I know and have heard of.
    You've confirmed by apprehension on the GZ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best thing about Ballistic Advantage, besides the price? You can get a pinned Gas Block when you order it for $40 more. Normally you'd have to just pay $40 for the pinning service without the block. I plan to order a couple of BA barrels this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pistol Upper

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The best thing about Ballistic Advantage, besides the price? You can get a pinned Gas Block when you order it for $40 more. Normally you'd have to just pay $40 for the pinning service without the block. I plan to order a couple of BA barrels this week.
    That was a big selling point for me with my limited budget. I was able to get a 16" Hanson Profile BA barrel with the Gas Block for around $170. (Sale price)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll nth the BA barrels. I'll be getting one for my upcoming 300BLK SBR build, and possiblbly another 5.56 or Wylde build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info, guys. Thanks! BA is getting a new customer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by P39 View Post
    Great info, guys. Thanks! BA is getting a new customer.
    I'll "nth +1" on BA. I only have one so far but will be buying more. I love the economical gas block pinning option and went that route with my .300 BLK pistol build (8.5" Premium)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat, good value with the BA barrels..want to try one , and on my RA barreled 10.5" pistol I switched from a regular tube to the shockwave setup and like it a lot for what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'll "nth +1" on BA. I only have one so far but will be buying more. I love the economical gas block pinning option and went that route with my .300 BLK pistol build (8.5" Premium)

Not to sidetrack this thread to far...... I'm literally waiting for a barrel nut to show up to put together s 16" 300 upper together....But a 8-9" BO pistol has been in the back of my head for a while and I'm in decisive or whatever..... ughhh...just gonna be a range toy and to get back into do a little hunting with the kid...huh...

Nice build ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back to BA .. I seen a code for them and appears to work as of now save 10%.. Code- save10now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pws mk107 upper

Buy one, shoot and be happy