Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprinco springs

Downloads
    Uploads

Sprinco springs

Just curious anyone here running any of the Sprinco buffer tube springs? I know this is one of those areas where everyone has an opinion..lol.. Just curious though and no I have not been eating paint chips ..

Just wondering if anyone is running any and what was your opinion good or bad of them and what was it on etc?

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    MAIL CALL
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=8233

Refer to post 160. Sinner has apparently had more than his fair share of time with them. Especially since that was his replenishing order....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the heads up, hope he pops in with his input..as it looks like he is a fan of them..

Been thinking of trying a couple , can't afford the jp captured spring setup, and looking to maybe tame down some of the twang in a rifle or 2 and see if they help soften up the recoil.. I know many variables.. but just looking for some general feedback

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't expect any change to the sound, at least not in my experience. Also, motion of the gun may be increased because the bolt will go forward faster.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Don't expect any change to the sound, at least not in my experience. Also, motion of the gun may be increased because the bolt will go forward faster.
    That, and it will be harder on optics and accessories. Think SCAR, but not as bad.
    I have found the vltor a5 with milspec spring to be much calmer than the best sprinco and carbine buffer combo I mixed and matched (blue and h). I think the A5 is easier on the weapon, accessories, and is more effective at keeping the gun flat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to stray by much, but I'm happy with the JP tuned spring. It might be hogwash, but to my ear, its not boingy at all, and I'm talking bare spring, not the captured doohickey. Could be my crappy hearing though.... either way, I'm a happy camper! :)
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got my Sprinco green spring in the mail a couple days ago and hopefully my buffer tube will be here tomorrow so I can shoot on Sunday. I will post here with my thoughts on it after I get some trigger time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run them pretty exclusively. I use a Green spring in my SBR's with an A5 buffer, and since there are few options for Rifle buffers, I used a Green spring in my MK12 to cure afailure to lock on last round. Not only are these springs available in multiple powers, but they outlast a standard spring 10-1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got zero experience with Sprinco springs. My guns all run just fine with good old USGI carbine action springs (i get mine from BCM for like $4 or $5/each), so i've never had the need to experiment with anything else. What little fine tuning my guns have needed, i've been able to do by playing with buffer weights so the extra "tunability" the Sprinco springs offer is of little value to me at this point. The other benefit of Sprinco springs, which would be extended service life, is also of little value to me because springs are cheap. I can buy four high quality standard carbine action springs for the cost of one Sprinco spring. All that said, i've never really read anything bad about Sprinco springs. They're not selling snake oil, as their springs are of very high quality and do serve some very practical applications quite well, from what i've read anyway.

Now, the JP captured silent spring is something that interests me since i started shooting 300BLK suppressed. It's funny how i never really paid much attention to the sproingy boingy action spring noise before.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    I run them pretty exclusively. I use a Green spring in my SBR's with an A5 buffer, and since there are few options for Rifle buffers, I used a Green spring in my MK12 to cure afailure to lock on last round. Not only are these springs available in multiple powers, but they outlast a standard spring 10-1.
    There's a lot of debate on that. Personally, I've never worn out a mil-spec spring. Further, if we're going to argue minutia such as "5K rounds service life is not enough...because end of the world!", then I'll argue that they are far more prone to rust than a USGI spring, and rust destroys the surface of a spring, which is the most important aspect OF a spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a green sprinco/spikes t2 in my 12.5 noveske and an A5 Kit in my BCM. I personally like the recoil impulse better in the A5, but nothing to brag about either wau

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Now, the JP captured silent spring is something that interests me since i started shooting 300BLK suppressed. It's funny how i never really paid much attention to the sproingy boingy action spring noise before.
    I'm with ya there. Considering its either ear-pro, or "FKN KA-BLAAAM!" I've never heard this mysterious boing; must be an all-world/suppressed shooter thing. Quit sniveling about boing: you have a silencer, FFS!

Now that made me recall that video of high-speed, low-drag operators making mario noises with their big scary machine guns!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It goes far beyond the cost vs a mil spec etc. It has more to do with spring rates, extended vs compressed etc etc. A good spring will have a more consistent spring rate throughout it's length. ...ie the percentage of it's rate doesn't vary between progressively different compressed lengths. This is the reason a rifle buffer or an A5 is so much better. The Springco isn't just a "more expensive spring" it's a "different spring" much like vehicle springs are progressive etc. The OP asked if anyone has had experience with them, and I just offered my experience. At the end of the day, if someone want's to replace their mil-spec buffer springs when they go bad, that is certainly their prerogative. A Mil-spec spring is crap when it goes, and when it goes it degrades more rapidly. As far as rust, that is something that depends on the material of the spring. ie stainless, piano spring, etc etc. The Springco are acyually an AS77 Silicone Chrome spring, and is not going to rust before a Mil-spec spring. In a nutshell the best advantage to a Springco is the consistency of the spring over the life of the spring. I have previously only used the JP springs, and Spikes H2 buffers, until I used an A5 with a springco, and will never use anything else. It's just that much better, and I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to at least give it a try for themselves and base their opinion on that use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried springco springs and didn't notice any difference. Suppressed, not suppressed, correct gas, overgassed rifles. Felt identical. Ejection similar. No reason for me to buy them.

I measure the OAL of my normal colt/bcm springs and when they go below the specified length, I replace them.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    It goes far beyond the cost vs a mil spec etc. It has more to do with spring rates, extended vs compressed etc etc. A good spring will have a more consistent spring rate throughout it's length. ...ie the percentage of it's rate doesn't vary between progressively different compressed lengths. This is the reason a rifle buffer or an A5 is so much better. The Springco isn't just a "more expensive spring" it's a "different spring" much like vehicle springs are progressive etc. The OP asked if anyone has had experience with them, and I just offered my experience. At the end of the day, if someone want's to replace their mil-spec buffer springs when they go bad, that is certainly their prerogative. A Mil-spec spring is crap when it goes, and when it goes it degrades more rapidly. As far as rust, that is something that depends on the material of the spring. ie stainless, piano spring, etc etc. The Springco are acyually an AS77 Silicone Chrome spring, and is not going to rust before a Mil-spec spring. In a nutshell the best advantage to a Springco is the consistency of the spring over the life of the spring. I have previously only used the JP springs, and Spikes H2 buffers, until I used an A5 with a springco, and will never use anything else. It's just that much better, and I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to at least give it a try for themselves and base their opinion on that use.
    Sprinco absolutely rusts easier than a milspec spring. Here is my compare test. Both were inserted in my dishwasher without soap, and it was ran for 1 cycle included heated drying. The milspec did not rust one bit. I even wiped the surface with white paper. No rust.