Downloads
    Uploads

Fortis Switch Rail Users

Does anybody have any experience with the fortis switch rail in 5.56. I am thinking about picking one up, however, am a bit curious on the durability of the design and the anti rotation properties.

If you have used this rail, is there any anti rotation tabs or something similar to keep the rail from rotating? How well does the clamping device hold?

I have read some reviews and they all seem very positive but I trust the users on here more than the randoms interweb guys. I don't need something that is quick detach...but I just have an itch to try one. The fact that I can get one FDE is a plus as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen one, so its only my opinion, but I question the benefit of this with respect to return to zero. It seems that's a somewhat elusive thing under the best conditions (index marks on 1913 rail).
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I haven't seen one, so its only my opinion, but I question the benefit of this with respect to return to zero. It seems that's a somewhat elusive thing under the best conditions (index marks on 1913 rail).
    I also think this is an issue with return to Zero with the front sight. I don't plan on taking it apart often enough for this to be an issue for my application. I am worried more about rotation and the clamp having enough force to keep everything together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one in 308. the standard barrel nut that comes with it has a complete circle cut out that essentially eliminates timing. They do make a nut that requires timing as it onlu has 4 slots on the barrel nut. This would solve your problem essentially but if you're still concerned get the Rev 2.0.. standard but and still a sweet ass rail!

Edit: appears thats only a 308 option
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 4 January 2016 at 20:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one, it got sent back because it wouldn't stay latched, im sure they are great rails, but I got a kmr instead