Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Well I was able to order the remaining small lower parts I needed, including a buffer kit.

Waiting on something to possibly come through for a barrel. Then still need BCG, stock and muzzle device.
    What barrel and BCG are you thinking?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EO3 View Post
    What barrel and BCG are you thinking?
    Haven't decided. Most likely something enhanced.
    Trying to decide on a charging handle right now too. While I like the looks of a few I still find myself liking my BCM Mod 3 overall.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't decided. Most likely something enhanced.
    Trying to decide on a charging handle right now too. While I like the looks of a few I still find myself liking my BCM Mod 3 overall.
    Come on, just go balls out and get an EraThr3 Freedom Bone!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Pff. I am not that spendy.
    I have a Raptor anyway and I find myself wishing the left side latch was just a little bigger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Raptor anyway and I find myself wishing the left side latch was just a little bigger.
    Don't know how long you're willing to stretch your build out, but the Geissele Ambi CH looks really nice. Can't go wrong with BCM though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EO3 View Post
    Don't know how long you're willing to stretch your build out, but the Geissele Ambi CH looks really nice. Can't go wrong with BCM though.
    It's already going to be stretched out a little. Going to be waiting on a possible barrel deal anyway.
    I was looking at it. Looks like a modified raptor.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Freedom bone? Had to look that up. I totally understand that good quality = money but I about choked when I saw a $300 Ti charging handle.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

Just get the Umbrella version where they are the same length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just get the Umbrella version where they are the same length.
    I didn't know that! Headed to check it out!
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would be funny if it wasn't true. I think we found the patent definition of Gucci Gear". As in it does nothing better and costs way, way more.

The so-called "style" is all in how the CH is used, IMO. Nobody can work a CH more fabulously than that Phuc Long dood.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, in EraThr3 and Sheri's defense on the Freedom Bone, the CH was a limited run for promotional purposes. They knew it wasn't going to be a big seller or something they kept stocking. It was to show off some machining by the AXTS guys, who tell me the Freedom Bone takes 10x more machine time since they're using grade 5 Titanium, not that cheap Grade 2 stuff. At $299, they aren't making a lot of money on it, but as I said, it's a promotional thing. Definitely not for everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, in EraThr3 and Sheri's defense on the Freedom Bone, the CH was a limited run for promotional purposes. They knew it wasn't going to be a big seller or something they kept stocking. It was to show off some machining by the AXTS guys, who tell me the Freedom Bone takes 10x more machine time since they're using grade 5 Titanium, not that cheap Grade 2 stuff. At $299, they aren't making a lot of money on it, but as I said, it's a promotional thing. Definitely not for everyone.
    Of course. I assumed everyone understood that's what it was.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    EraThr3 is a lifestyle company more than a firearms company. If they could make some quality products that they engineer themselves, like inventing an actual better charging handle or scope mount or whatever, they'd be taken more seriously. As it is, they still need to prove themselves beyond being a high dollar marketing corp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    EraThr3 is a lifestyle company more than a firearms company. If they could make some quality products that they engineer themselves, like inventing an actual better charging handle or scope mount or whatever, they'd be taken more seriously. As it is, they still need to prove themselves beyond being a high dollar marketing corp.
    That's the point, they aren't taking themselves seriously. They are well aware that they are a lifestyle, and that lifestyle doesn't fit most people. You nailed it on the first line. They brand themselves as a lifestyle company more than a firearms company. They also insist everything they sell, including the promo items and clothing are made in the USA, which also adds to the prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not knocking. If they're not sold out already I'm sure they will be soon. As a former machinist I know all about machining Ti, and while not my LEAST favorite thing to machine, it wasn't too far off from it.

Mostly I was just like OMG $300 CH!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler