Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Other than the thin-ish back strap, the thing I dislike about them most is the small corner just behind the trigger guard pin. It doesn't blend the side of the grip with the receiver trigger guard ear very well and irritates my finger. I always have to spend time with a file removing material to make it comfortable. Magpul grips blend that area much better and are far more comfortable.
    100% agree. I find the BCM grips very uncomfortable due to that area. When you hold the rifle in one hand, like during reloading, all the pressure ends up on your middle finger beneath the trigger guard, and the shape of the BCM grip doesn't help.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    So jealous. Trying to move some parts to put toward this build but I don't have many spare parts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    You're jealous? I'm jealous! I actually had to pay for my GFY goodies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    100% agree. I find the BCM grips very uncomfortable due to that area. When you hold the rifle in one hand, like during reloading, all the pressure ends up on your middle finger beneath the trigger guard, and the shape of the BCM grip doesn't help.
    You hit the nail right on the head, Slippers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops. Hahah.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops. Hahah.

LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    So jealous. Trying to move some parts to put toward this build but I don't have many spare parts.

I had enough stuff to sell to raise around $350 which more than covered the parts needed for this project. Plus I did get in on the upper/handguard combo and sold it too since the whole set is coming. Hated to do it, but it wasn't going to get used so it had to go.

To share the wealth I gave my friend an Aero lower to build his first AR. He paid me for the rest of the parts and I'll finish assembling it either tonight or sometime this weekend.
    Last edited by titanse05; 14 January 2016 at 08:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still working on figuring out exactly what I want this set to grow into. Current constraints: 14.5-18" barrel, un-suppressed, not specifically ambi-enabled and featuring parts from WEVO group buys/sponsors. Here's the lead candidate assuming that it'll be a upgrade from my current 16" Rainier Select-based build instead of an alternate caliber. Much of the stuff I can re-purpose from other builds or scrape together from bits just lying around - but I would have to invest in the barrel which is what's got me on hold until I'm sure this is the direction I want to head.

Upper Receiver: SMOS GFY (no FA, group buy)
    Barrel: Rainier .223 Wylde 16" Ultramatch Fluted SDM profile (sponsor)
    Rail: SMOS GFY 13" (group buy)
    Muzzle Device: Precision Armament AFAB Mini (could become Griffin Armament Taper Mount)
    Bolt Carrier Group: Fathom Arms Standard Melonite FA (group buy, subject to change since it might be a better fit elsewhere)
    Charging Handle: BCM Gunfighter Mod 4
    Gas Block & Tube: Geissele Lo-Pro Super Gas Block + Generic Tube

Lower Receiver: SMOS GFY-15 (group buy)
    Trigger Assembly: Geissele SSA-E or SD-E
    Grip: Magpul MOE or MIAD
    Buttstock: Magpul STR
    Selector: Battle Arms BAD-ASS Std/Sht (could become Rainier)
    Mag Release: Forward Controls EMR-C + Generic Catch (sponsor)
    Bolt Catch: Forward Controls ABC-R (sponsor)
    Extension: BCM 6 Position (could become Griffin Armament)
    Action Spring and Buffer: Sprinco Blue + Generic H2 buffer

Small Parts: KNS Turned Pins + Springs TBD

Optic & Mount: SWFA Super Sniper 1-4x24 on Aero Precision Ultralight Extended Mount
    BUIS: Magpul MBUS Pro
    Light: None (would be Arisaka Scout if it needed a light, but this has more of a bench feel to me)

Mag: Magpul G3 20-round, WEVO etched (group buy).

It probably merits something beyond the 1-4 scope but I don't have anything clearly in mind yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    RiverRat. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize Griffin Armament had things other than suppressors and mounts to be 100% honest.

I was thinking of going with an IMOD stock for this build but the Griffin one looks kind of good.
    Last edited by Pyzik; 14 January 2016 at 11:44.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    RiverRat. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize Griffin Armament had things other than suppressors and mounts to be 100% honest.

I was thinking of going with an IMOD stock for this build but the Griffin one looks kind of good.

If you're gonna be getting Griffin stuff, might PM them for a discount. I'm not sure where else to find their stock at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    Thanks to the WEVO crew for the opportunity to belong to this growing community. We have been long time readers of WEVO and are excited to be involved in a more official manner. Thank you to those who have followed us previously; we wouldn't have the great products we have were it not for consumer support. We are honest, hard working, normal guys and love supporting the 2nd amendment and freedom by cranking out quality kit.

In appreciation for this community we want to offer a WEVO discount code to forum members only. PM us here on the forum for the coupon code which can be used on our website, www.GriffinArmament.Com

As far as group buys there isn't a point to having one when you can PM us for a discount code. Its much easier for us and you will get your product faster without having to depend on the logistics of a group buy.

A representative from GRIFFIN will try to be actively involved in this community. However, our main focus is on manufacturing and it is not unusual for us to take a couple days to respond. If you need something ASAP you can always shoot us an email to the info account at griffinarmament.com and we will try to check PM's frequently.

-Griffin STAFF
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    If you're gonna be getting Griffin stuff, might PM them for a discount. I'm not sure where else to find their stock at this point.
    Thanks for the heads up Aragorn! I'm planning on using a few Griffin parts for my SMOS build and another rifle so that'll definitely help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The IMOD is a great stock. Both functional and stylish. I've got only one gripe with it, and that would be that it likes to grab my beard every now and then.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The IMOD is a great stock. Both functional and stylish. I've got only one gripe with it, and that would be that it likes to grab my beard every now and then.
    I've heard that gripe from someone else too. Starting to sound not so fun.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...that was good...
    I'm jealous period no Gfy for me

I've heard that gripe from soumeone else too. Starting to sound not so fun.

Ya I tried one for a whole 5 minutes and couldn't stand this.. Haha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard that gripe from someone else too. Starting to sound not so fun.

It's kind of a drag. I was clean-shaven when i first got an IMOD, and loved it. But once i grew my beard back, i put a SOPMOD on that gun and the IMOD went to a gun i don't shoot much.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    So no one has received the GFY build package yet? I got all of the other parts in hand now. Just need the receivers and handguard.