Downloads
    Uploads

does anyone have experience using a rifle buffer/stock on a 6920?

I've been wanting to build an AR with iron sites only. Im thinking of picking up a colt 6920-oem2 and putting a noveske NSR rail on the front with a set of fixed sights like the daniel defense ones. I picked up a year or two ago a colt CS stock and i'd like to put that to use. I think that would be a nice simple setup but i wonder how reliable it would be with the rifle stock and carbine length gas port. im also considering cuttin the barrel down to 14.5" if that makes a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love those oem-2's. Will be my next few rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have a Colt 6721 with an A2 Stock/Rifle Buffer. I don't recall that gun having any issues with that setup.

Like Duty Use said, I need a OEM-2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't have long arms, the A1 stock may be preferable. I've had both and like the A1 better for feel and looks.

I would love to see an OEM with Socom barrel.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    If you don't have long arms, the A1 stock may be preferable. I've had both and like the A1 better for feel and looks.

I would love to see an OEM with Socom barrel.
    isnt the C2 stock A1 length? im just trying to figure out the best way to do a sling. either way i think i got a good deal. found it locally on craigslist for $90 about a year ago
    Last edited by n4p226r; 9 January 2016 at 15:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A1 is 5/8" shorter.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes. the CS stick should be the same size as the A1. but built with A2 materials.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a variant with a 16 inch barrel and an A2 stock many years ago and it ran fine, albeit at the expense of added weight. Why are you chopping the barrel? A SBR with an A2 stock is really an oddball and doing a pin/weld of a muzzle device marries you to that specific one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im undecided about chopping the barrel to 14.5" i live in NJ and have to pin a muzzle brake on either way. so i either get a 16" stock barrel with a pin/weld surefire socom brake or a 14.5" cut down barrel with a pin/weld surefire socom brake.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    im undecided about chopping the barrel to 14.5" i live in NJ and have to pin a muzzle brake on either way. so i either get a 16" stock barrel with a pin/weld surefire socom brake or a 14.5" cut down barrel with a pin/weld surefire socom brake.
    Depends on the costs. Is it worth $100 or so to shorten it by 1.5"?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably not. But I've done dumber things