Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Expensive Glock 19 Build

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Wants. Can't has.

Worse, I'm officially on the bandwagon now. Might be sending a G19 to Agency for slide work.

Maybe I just need to drop my frame off next time I'm up around Yip. God knows when that would be. ��
    Can has. Just has to wait! I'll be in AZ for a couple more months before migrating back up north your direction.

I'm still looking for a name for the texture.
    In naming my guns I tend toward mythology with emphasis on the Nordic.
    I think I'm going to call this project Vali, but any name ideas for the texture are welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Can has. Just has to wait! I'll be in AZ for a couple more months before migrating back up north your direction.

I'm still looking for a name for the texture.
    In naming my guns I tend toward mythology with emphasis on the Nordic.
    I think I'm going to call this project Vali, but any name ideas for the texture are welcome.
    For some reason thought you were up that direction. I'm actually down in Texas, but I fly a lot of freight up near the Detroit area when things are in full swing.

Innyhoo, time should be on my side. I still have actually GET a G19 (hopefully next week) and then send the slide to Agency, and their lead time isn't what I'd call super short. So, yeah, time. I'll have it.

Project Vali? What is Vali? My knowledge of Nordic mythology figures/weapons/places pretty much is just Odin/Thor/Loki/Heimdal/Mjonir/Gungnir/Valhalla
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been in that area for the last two summers. Probably will be again this year.

Vali is a lesser figure of Norse mythology. He is the son of Odin and his mother is a giant of some sort. His sole purpose for being conceived was to avenge the death of his brother.

I once rebuilt a shotgun I found I my grandfathers closet, cut it as short as legally possible and named it Balmung, the name of a sword in Norse mythology broken in battle against Odin and reforged by the son of its wielder. When reforged it could split an anvil and was used to slay a dragon. So, I thought it was fitting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spartan Blades names all of their knives after Greek mythology and Greek words which is what really drew me to their products. One of my favorites and one that I think would describe this texture well is "Akribis", which means sharp and precise. Also, the Greek word "eirene" would fit well, which means peace/order.

Not sure if you're wanting the name to sort of describe the texture or just something that sounds badass lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Spartan Blades names all of their knives after Greek mythology and Greek words which is what really drew me to their products. One of my favorites and one that I think would describe this texture well is "Akribis", which means sharp and precise. Also, the Greek word "eirene" would fit well, which means peace/order.

Not sure if you're wanting the name to sort of describe the texture or just something that sounds badass lol
    I think I'm looking for a name that describes the idea of the pattern. The metaphysical texture of the concept.
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 2 February 2016 at 22:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's another cellphone shot of the texture. I've carried it inside the waistband a couple times and it is FAR more comfortable than traditional stippling. Even my Ultravelvet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's cool. Very fitting name for a shotgun. So what brings Vali to mind for this texture?

If I ever have anything done by you, I should have you put in the name Freyja or Sif on it somewhere :D
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    That's cool. Very fitting name for a shotgun. So what brings Vali to mind for this texture?

If I ever have anything done by you, I should have you put in the name Freyja or Sif on it somewhere :D
    I have Vali in mind for the gun as a whole. Vali was created perfectly for his sole purpose, and fulfilled it.

The god of vengeance thing doesn't hurt its cool factor either.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update on parts list: I just placed order for the edge connector, the apex trigger, and a Wilson Combat threaded match grade barrel.
    I'm also networking a bit here in AZ and there are some local shops I may get to do my machining.

Edit: RM63 and maritime spring cups are inbound now as well.
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 3 February 2016 at 11:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Vali in mind for the gun as a whole. Vali was created perfectly for his sole purpose, and fulfilled it.

The god of vengeance thing doesn't hurt its cool factor either.
    Very cool. I like that.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even my Ultravelvet.
    Which Norse god is that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Which Norse god is that?
    Heh. I've never named a texture after a mythological character. That name falls under my "metaphysical texture of the concept" criteria.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just being a smart ass. It's what I do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Just being a smart ass. It's what I do.
    You? A smart ass?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Parts list has been amended to include a stainless pin set (To aesthetically compliment the WC barrel.) and a pierce grip plug.
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 3 February 2016 at 15:07.