Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    B.C., none of the Glocks I've ever owned have ever been modded to the extent that yours has, but I've used KKM and LW barrels (you mentioned no appreciable improvement of accuracy with the WC barrel), and I've never noticed much improvement at all. A little maybe, and I have a G19 that's fairly accurate for a Glock, with a KKM barrel. Mostly, all I got for my money was the ability to shoot cheap lead target loads. Except for the G19, only minor improvements with jacketed.

FT
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I've seen groups tighten up with KKM barrels on M&P's and Glocks, BUT not immediately out of the box. It's been awhile but seems like it took 200-500 rounds for the barrels to break in, at which point groups tightened up.

I would venture a guess that the Wilson, like the KKM, needs broken in.

It would be nice if the group tightens up a little, but I'll be ok if it doesn't. I bought the barrel for use with a suppressor whenever I finally make that happen. All the research that I did prior to buying an aftermarket barrel was concurrent with what you've both said.

I did notice the group shape change a bit with the barrel change though. It was more vertical linear with the WC barrel, and spread oval with the OEM barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing good to add besides I'm really digging that pattern , not just looks but it does look like a comfy grip..I've almost caved in on that trigger a few times,but sounds like another positive, at least so far huh

So after the machine work, any crazy color scheme or a simple black/redo?

Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Expensive Glock 19 Build

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nothing good to add besides I'm really digging that pattern , not just looks but it does look like a comfy grip..I've almost caved in on that trigger a few times,but sounds like another positive, at least so far huh

So after the machine work, any crazy color scheme or a simple black/redo?
    I like the black and stainless look I've got going. I don't think color would fit with the theme.

This is with the WC barrel installed, a Surefire X300U, and a Magpul mag.

I'm sitting down to do some measuring and then potential adjustment to the new trigger bar to address the lockup issue mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Battle Cock; 24 February 2016 at 16:26.

Downloads
    Uploads

For anyone interested, this is the lockup issue I am referring to. When the trigger is depressed, there is increased resistance to forward movement during the last 1/8". This sometimes prevents full lockup and prevents another shot from being fired. As you can see, releasing the trigger allows the slide to move forward in most cases.

I've isolated the issue to the Ghost 3.5lb Edge connector.

I'm not entirely sure what (mechanically) is causing this. But I am troubleshooting and experimenting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to get one of these: Glock Inspection Plate. That ought to give you an idea of what's going on in there. In the meantime, try bending the connector inward ever so slightly. It may be putting too mch outward pressure on the trigger bar. I had to do this with Ghost connector i bought for my G42. Bend it a little at a time or the trigger won't reset.

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the Ghost connector over the OEM "-" connector?
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    You need to get one of these: Glock Inspection Plate. That ought to give you an idea of what's going on in there. In the meantime, try bending the connector inward ever so slightly. It may be putting too mch outward pressure on the trigger bar. I had to do this with Ghost connector i bought for my G42. Bend it a little at a time or the trigger won't reset.

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the Ghost connector over the OEM "-" connector?
    I tried adjusting the connector angle of the connector without effect. I found through some research that a lot of people have fixed similar issues that way. Mine seems to be something else.

I replaced the OEM connector to make the trigger pull more smooth and consistent. But since this particular unit seems to have a deficiency in reliability, its sitting on my desk, and the OEM connector is back in the gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post

For anyone interested, this is the lockup issue I am referring to. When the trigger is depressed, there is increased resistance to forward movement during the last 1/8". This sometimes prevents full lockup and prevents another shot from being fired. As you can see, releasing the trigger allows the slide to move forward in most cases.

I've isolated the issue to the Ghost 3.5lb Edge connector.

I'm not entirely sure what (mechanically) is causing this. But I am troubleshooting and experimenting.
    Got the same connector, but have never experienced that. Of course, I don't have all those other mods on my gun! Do you have a bone stock gun you can A/B to see where the interaction is changed?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Got the same connector, but have never experienced that. Of course, I don't have all those other mods on my gun! Do you have a bone stock gun you can A/B to see where the interaction is changed?
    No, but I've been swapping back to stock parts to try to figure it out.

I'm am going to get machining done here locally in AZ here in the next week. It'll be in this configuration until then:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried adjusting the connector angle of the connector without effect. I found through some research that a lot of people have fixed similar issues that way. Mine seems to be something else.

I replaced the OEM connector to make the trigger pull more smooth and consistent. But since this particular unit seems to have a deficiency in reliability, its sitting on my desk, and the OEM connector is back in the gun.
    I've experimented a bit with connectors on my Glocks and all but the G42 have the OEM 5lb. connector in them. I did like the OEM "minus" connector with the NY1 trigger spring. With the standard trigger spring, it felt a lot like the Ghost connector to me, but with factory reliability.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've experimented a bit with connectors on my Glocks and all but the G42 have the OEM 5lb. connector in them. I did like the OEM "minus" connector with the NY1 trigger spring. With the standard trigger spring, it felt a lot like the Ghost connector to me, but with factory reliability.
    I may give that connector a try. I mean, whats another $20 on top of an already $3k gun?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may give that connector a try. I mean, whats another $20 on top of an already $3k gun?
    In for a penny, in for a pound.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    In for a penny, in for a pound.
    Never have I known that to be more true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never have I known that to be more true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Modified the OWB kydex rig to accept the threaded barrel.

I should be able to use it with an RMR without further modification.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Expensive Glock 19 Build

I was in a local shop here in Phoenix today and picked up a standard Ghost connector and a Wolff spring kit to experiment with.

All told, I have tried all the various springs from the kit (4lb striker spring, safety block spring, extra power trigger spring,) and I ended up keeping all OEM springs installed except the striker spring. That, coupled with the new Ghost connector seems to function most smoothly, and consistently with dry firing and trigger pull is massively improved.

The lockup issue is no longer present in this configuration, and I plan to play around with the other springs in the future to see if I can modify them to fit this firearm better.

Also of note, I'm noticing my shot groups with these suppressor sights are consistently 3" low of my point of aim. I've heard the .45 front sight is a little shorter, so I may look into getting one of those to bring the point of impact up just a little.