Downloads
    Uploads

New Vortex Razor HD AMG 6-24x50 FFP

Vortex is releasing a new Razor model in 6-24x50 FFP. Noticeable differences from other Razor scopes are that it is black, has a 30mm body, and it comes in a under 29 ounces (i.e., a pound lighter than the Razor Gen 2s). But, perhaps the most notable feature is that it is completely made in the USA.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category...amg_riflescope

MSRP is $3,400, though, so it's going to have to have a good street price and be a very nice scope to compete with others at that price point.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any chatter about this. I only noticed it because I was browsing the Vortex Optics website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Specs look good, but honestly, has there ever been a ton of chatter for 3k+ optics? There is only so many people that can afford optics in that price range. I think those buyers tend to go with higher end brands. You don't have to convince me though. I'm a big PST and Razor Gen II fan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love all my Vortex stuff, and I'm excited to get my latest PST on a rifle, but $3,400 optics are something that I haven't gotten into. Since I'm not into that price level, I can't say who would or wouldn't be interested, but I'd think if you're spending that kind of money on scopes, you probably have brands you like and stick with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So it looks like these are hitting the market with a MAP of $2,500 so picking one up for $2,250 should be pretty easy. That's in the ball park of an NXS (I like the Razor's reticle better) but still a grand less than a comparable USO, maybe $500-$700 under a Kahles.

This would look nice on top of the new 2A Xanthos receiver set. Too bad I can't afford either.