Downloads
    Uploads

Mega wedgelock install question

Anybody here installed a Mega Wedgelock rail? I have an issue regarding the anti rotation pin. Upper receiver is their billet and the pin slides in easily but drops down into it about 90% of the way(seems kind of far) Now the pin will not fit into the hole on the rail. The rail hole is to small. The only option would be to beat the rail onto the upper, this doesn't seem right and I don't want to frack things up. Only 3/32" of the pin protrudes out of the upper and that doesn't seem like it will hold much rotation force. When I try to do it the opposite way and put the pin in the rail its not even close to fitting in.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't recall having that issue with my Wedgelock. You're right, don't beat the rail onto the upper. Send Mega a Note, and see if they will send you another pin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks UW, I emailed Mega and Rogtac yesterday and Mike at Rogtac got back to me and is going to send me an RMA today. I'm guessing its probably tolerance stacking between the parts. The pin drops so far into the upper that Mike said just send him everything and he will hook me up.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me and Mike at Rogtac got it figured out. He checked all his Mega rails and they were the same. We decided to do it backwards from the directions which says put the pin in the upper. I used a little grease in the anti rotation hole in the rail and used a roll pin punch to set it in about 40% of the pin depth which leaves 60% that will go into the upper. I torqued down the barrel so I could check the rail properly and everything is looking good! Just a shout out for him, not only did he respond to my emails on a Sunday but went way out of his way to help me resolve my issue. Between the half a dozen emails and then he called me today so we could talk about it that puts him at the top of the list as far as CS goes. He has a customer for life!