Downloads
    Uploads

New Sig Tango 4 scopes ?

Has anyone been hands on with the new Sig Scopes? i know the Tango 4 are a direct Vortex competitor /Philippines made product. I am looking at the 3-12x42mm. It has some nice specs, and with a 10% off code can be had for $679. Thats a 30mm tube, illuminated reticel with Zero stop/lock, coated etc and it's got a FFP ranging reticle.

Not bad, as the only thing close from Vortex is a 3-10x 32mm for $799.

Just curious if anyone has more info on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't seen one in person yet but seems like a good value. My only hesitation vs. the Vortex would be the 5 year warranty on electronics from Sig vs the industry leading VIP Warranty from Vortex. I'd be more interested if they had a Horus-style reticle available for the scopes at the higher mag range. I'd actually prefer SFP on a 1-4 and probably even the 3-12 but I'd have to play with it first to know. The ranging reticle on the Viper HS LR 3-10 is pretty much too tiny to be useful below 8x so I'm thinking I won't spend the extra $ for FFP for anything lower than 16X on the top side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking along those lines as well. The Sig is not available yet, and they have a lifetime warranty on the scope, just not the electronics, which is odd to me. I am leaning toward the Viper HS-T 4-16x 44. It really is a great scope for $500 (with 10% off) and I don't need the illuminated reticle. I have the PST 1-4 and like it. This is just a paper shooter at 200-400 yards,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just my 2 cents. I saw the scopes a few months ago on SWFA (Christmas shopping)...looked interesting but I'm not willing to be a guinea pig for another Sig product. Sig isn't an optics company, and I haven't been overly impressed by many of the products Sig's developed in the last 5-10 years - although I do love some of them. Until these things get some quality reviews under their belts, I'll be sticking with the tried and true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wish i could find a Nightforce 2.5-10 x32 NXS for a decent price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have handled the new Tango 4's in 1-4 and 3-12 and the Tango 6 in 1-6 and the 3-18 and they appear to be very well made optics. Maybe the best illumination I've ever seen in a optic on the 6's. Clear, bright glass on both lines. The reticles are crisp and very well defined. I am going to get to try the 5-30 on my .338 in the next few weeks so I will have some hands on with one. The owner of the LGS who is carrying the line told me in his opinion the Tango 4's may be the best valued optic he will carry. He is a dealer for Nightforce, SB, and Kahles along with other high end optics just to put it into perspective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Moses View Post
    I really wish i could find a Nightforce 2.5-10 x32 NXS for a decent price.
    They show up on the used market all the time for $1000-1100, depending on reticle and turrets. I snagged my NP-R2 capped turret 2.5-10x32 a few years ago for about $850.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I have handled the new Tango 4's in 1-4 and 3-12 and the Tango 6 in 1-6 and the 3-18 and they appear to be very well made optics. Maybe the best illumination I've ever seen in a optic on the 6's. Clear, bright glass on both lines. The reticles are crisp and very well defined. I am going to get to try the 5-30 on my .338 in the next few weeks so I will have some hands on with one. The owner of the LGS who is carrying the line told me in his opinion the Tango 4's may be the best valued optic he will carry. He is a dealer for Nightforce, SB, and Kahles along with other high end optics just to put it into perspective.
    Sounds good. Let us know you thoughts on the 5-30. Would be interested to hear more about the turrets...how they track and what the zero stop is like under the hood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Sounds good. I know they have some quality folks on staff at Sig with this new Optic venture. I guess the Tango 6 is a different manufacturer than the Tango 4 (hearsay), but many companies new to the market look to make a splash ,and they may just have a lower price point at the beginning. I'd also like see how you like the Locking Zero stop, turrets etc. One thing I am curious about is the real world color of the scopes. they appear to be a grey color, which I am hoping is darker than it appears in initial images. Thank you for your reply.