Thread: USP Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

USP Expert

anyone out there have a USO expert 45? how do u like it? how does it handle? anyone have a pic of one mounted with a UTL?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played around with the USP Tactical, but not the Expert.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't played with it but a friend of mine with considerable "experience" in the Expert said something about USPs compared to glocks: as you lose ammo in the magazine (by throwing it down range), the pistol becomes unbalanced and difficult to handle.

Now, he didn't specify, but I suppose he meant front heavy, due to the extra long slide on the Expert?

Federale Guest
    I own one and keep it only because its a fun toy to bring out to the range. I don't and wouldn't find it practical for anything else other than CDI factor.

It is big and the slide cycles so slowly that its pretty much impossible to shoot it quickly. Its heavy and I can understand the comment about it feeling unbalanced.

I have heard some HK Koolaid drinkers marvel about the accuracy, but I can tell you that in my hands, I get better groups with my Glock 21 and I paid about half of what I paid for the Expert. It IS accurate, but its not THAT accurate. The match trigger is an improvement over other USP triggers, but when compared to a true match trigger on any other match gun, the Expert trigger is mediocre at best.

If you've got the cash and really want to have a gun for the novelty of it, then get the Expert. I did. But for virtually any other purpose, I'd say that there are better options out there in .45 ACP for less.

I don't have great pics of it, but with the light, its even MORE nose heavy.

With the G21, which is another big pistol that somehow feels small compared to the Expert

Downloads
    Uploads
    actually went and bought myself a fullsize USP45 today. pics soon