Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My edc g19, trijicon hd sights.

Some of the classes I do involve a walk-back contest at the end of the day on a chest-sized silhouette steel.

First shot is standing two hand strong hand, if you miss you shoot one hand strong hand, if you miss you shoot one hand other strong hand.

I couldn't see the target but I knew in the general area were it was (berm, stand, painted bright orange) and we were hitting it every 50 - 25 yards or so on the walk back.

I stopped being able to hit it on the first 3 tries at around 180ish yards as its difficult to tell what a 115gr 9mm is going to do at those distances but four or five shots and a few guys helping give me impact points I was able to dial it in, as they were.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about my funniest long shot?

A good friend met me at Griffonsec's for a few day's fellowship and shooting. Rifle work was done for awhile, and we had been doing pistol steel at 25 yards. Friend and my son were at 25 to repaint the plates and started talking about one of Griff's friends that had been shooting at the 8" round plate he leaves at the 100 yard berm. So, they both take a magazine of 45 ammo and shoot at the plate, nothing. They reload, used the 5 foot post holding one of the plates as a rest. Another 16 rounds down range with no success. I'm just sittin' on the truck tailgate watching.

Griff says, "C'mon Dad, show us whatcha got."

I had been shooting the Baer P-II (has the 1.5" option).

I walked up, drew, fired one round offhand. PING !! A 75 yard shot on the 8" plate.

I holstered and walked back toward the truck. All I heard was, "Dammit Dad!"
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend and I were messing around at about 300 meters with 9mm one time. 8" steel in a gravel pit. Once we walked them in and figured out the hold over, it was surprisingly effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goofing at the range one day I took a 100 yard shot on a silhouette qual target with my G27. Hit it low left, in what would have been the bad guy's right hip. Pretty sure it was pure luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1000 yard shot on steel ipsc target with a 7in AR pistol with a Vortex sparc , it almost looked like I was firing a mortar. Hit it on 3rd shot with a good spotter as it 100+ degrees and could barely see through the mirages on top of a u-haul truck . I hit a plate sized piece of steel at 400 yards with a suppressed 1911 on the first shot and with my buddy's gun and walked away and to leave that thought on everyone's mind. PURE LUCK

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk