First it is worth noting that our Congressman is in deep trouble in his district and that, among other things are very much occupying his time. He has served in the House for a very long time. Currently he is the sitting Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee which is one of the most powerful committees in all of Washington DC. There is a very real possibility that he will lose his seat, probably in the primaries. If he does win it won't be without serious opposition. A lot of people are very much displeased with him for a whole number of reasons. Eric Cantor was the Majority Leader of the House Republicans and lost his seat--which was national headline news. When the election happens we are all expecting nothing less to happen here.

That said I called his office way back when and they are just now getting back to me on this. I called specifically about the Hearing Protection Act and here is the response I received from the Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, which is one of the two that are reviewing the legislation.

It seems to me that this is a rather tepid response written by a low level staff member, but none the less it is official communication on the issue. He seems rather non committal if you ask me, but like I said, he's running ads all over the place right now trying to save his ass.

PS...I censored my name and address out of the letter.