Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Wow did a number on that gelatin.

Too bad Speer discontinued the bullets for sale....but $12/20 isn't horrible for "high end" ammo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that's some impressive stuff! Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know if it will it still expand fairly well out of short barrels? If so this may be the ammo to stock up on. Thanks all for posting

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I remember correctly out of a 14.5" a gentleman chrono'd it at 2875fps so a 10.5" should be GTG. I believe the expansion threshold is around 1600ish. I am pulling these numbers off some threads I read a while back so don't quote me on them. Molon tested this round but for the life of me I cant find his data. Hopefully he will chime in with the factual data. FWIW Here is a thread on the Ranger load, excellent round. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...chester-RA556B Also that round in the video and the stuff from PSA are not the same. What's in the video is running around $1.85-$2.00 a round.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed, I would follow the head stamp. But that round is supposed to be 556, weird. Regardless, the bullet is the T3 which is the Trophy bonded Bear claw. Normally when they reject/reclassify a round the box is changed to denote this as an (R) is placed before the XM that's why some of it is marked RXM. This time they just put a sticker on the box that says factory seconds along with an explanation. I am also curious as to what the (M) at the end means. Between the Nosler Bonded Solid Base that UW posted, the T3 and the TSX are about as terminally efficient as its going to get. I have been watching scattered testing on the 75g GD but am concerned about velocity and expansion out of a 10.5" barrel since its rated at 2775 from a 20" barrel. Based off the information at hand personally I go with the 62g or 64g GD's out of my 10.5" SBR.
    Expansion from a 10" barrel with the Gold Dot 75gr round is not a problem at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use whatever 223/5.56 I can get fire it take the brass and convert it to 300 Blackout and throw a 220gr .............I kid I kid . I do have a box of G2 research Rip Out Trident 65gr 223 that legally I'm scared to use in a hd situation .

Downloads
    Uploads

What HD ammo for 556 SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I use whatever 223/5.56 I can get fire it take the brass and convert it to 300 Blackout and throw a 220gr .............I kid I kid . I do have a box of G2 research Rip Out Trident 65gr 223 that legally I'm scared to use in a hd situation .

No arguments here it's good to have quality rounds for each gun though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I remember correctly out of a 14.5" a gentleman chrono'd it at 2875fps so a 10.5" should be GTG. I believe the expansion threshold is around 1600ish. I am pulling these numbers off some threads I read a while back so don't quote me on them. Molon tested this round but for the life of me I cant find his data. Hopefully he will chime in with the factual data. FWIW Here is a thread on the Ranger load, excellent round. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...chester-RA556B Also that round in the video and the stuff from PSA are not the same. What's in the video is running around $1.85-$2.00 a round.

Well, the stuff PSA is selling has the "M" number on the end....otherwise I am not sure of the difference. Regular price at PSA is about $1 a round. The difference, they said, is that what they're selling missed the FBI's accuracy requirement by .1 MOA, so it's probably discounted due to being deemed insufficient for the contract it was made for. The "M" probably has something to do with the classification

Downloads
    Uploads
    Things that are different are not the same. I am all for getting a great deal but theres too many red flags for me. Buyer beware. Hope it works out for you.

Here's the latest I am comparing it to. "NOTE: NOT for use in 223 REM chambered guns."
    "Federal 62 grain Bonded Softpoint FBI Equivalent Load XM556SBCT3, per the manufacturer this is the same as XM556FBIT3, they just give it a different SKU # for non-FBI contract. This ammo is one of the most advanced designs for personal protection or law enforcement."

Name:  556_62GR_XM556SBCT3-2_grande.jpg
Views: 2818
Size:  120.2 KB
    Name:  556_62GR_XM556SBCT3-1_grande.jpg
Views: 2856
Size:  112.8 KB
    Name:  556_62GR_XM556SBCT3-3_grande.jpg
Views: 2746
Size:  99.4 KB
    Last edited by Stone; 17 February 2016 at 10:48.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I put everything in two 40rng coupled pmags. Like...everything from 77otm to 55gr soft tips.

Because fuck logic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    New option...
    http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ri.../75-gr-tap-sbr

It also wins the award for shittiest ballistic coefficient for a 75+gr .224 caliber bullet. Ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    New option...

It also wins the award for shittiest ballistic coefficient for a 75+gr .224 caliber bullet. Ever.
    WANT!

That looks great! I want to see where I can get some of those!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    WANT!

That looks great! I want to see where I can get some of those!
    Done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    New option...

Not sure how they can claim it won't "overheat" suppressors either. That's a byproduct of the powder combustion and in a 10-11" platform, that's a really bold statement

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I want to see where I can get some of those!
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/118...oint-box-of-20
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe that is the same round Jerry. 223 Remington 75 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20 Hornady #: 80268

JG posted: 75 gr. TAP® SBR- Critical Duty FlexLock bullets- Item No. 81295- 5.56 NATO

They have several 75g loads and I did a double take because they are similar. Not trying to bust your balls just wanted to point that out.